Thread: 45-70 swaged bullets

45-70 swaged bullets

Hi

Can anyone advise if 45-70 swaged bullets can be bought in the UK, this is a query from a club mate and thought I would ask the experts.

many thanks

Jim

greenshoots Guest
    yes try midway......

hi,swaged bullets can be purchased.my brother in law buys some from a guy in doncaster/barnsley i think?if you want i could get the guys address from him.

Roger at South Yorkshire shooting in Wombwell near Barnsley is a good bet but iv never seen swaged 45 bullets though. They are normally hard cast. Roger will know if anyone will. Top bloke to deal with. His web site is www.rimfiremagic.co.uk
    You could always cast your own out of old wheel weights. Yes it will cost about £75 "ISH" to set up but its dead easy to do and once youve cast a few hundred youve recouped your expence and your in profit. Tim
    Last edited by tim56; 05-02-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: ADDITIONAL

bullets

Google Allwood Mouldings

Gents,

I thought wheel weights were now zinc?

If you're looking to cast for accuracy at distance then try to get as pure raw materials as possible, it really does help. also if you're going to use BP or a nitro substitute do not cast them too hard, somewhere around 20:1's always worked in a verierty of rifles for me.

Warning though - casting can become adictive

Brgds Terry

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy gary View Post
    hi,swaged bullets can be purchased.my brother in law buys some from a guy in doncaster/barnsley i think?if you want i could get the guys address from him.
    Hi

If you could get the address I would be grateful

thanks

jim

the guys details are b.e.s bullets,malcomb seller. email mseller208@aol.com.my brother in law buys paper patched .45 bullets for his 45-70 and swaged heads for his .310 cadet.my brother in law will email you a copy off his flyer.hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy gary View Post
    the guys details are b.e.s bullets,malcomb seller. email mseller208@aol.com.my brother in law buys paper patched .45 bullets for his 45-70 and swaged heads for his .310 cadet.my brother in law will email you a copy off his flyer.hope this helps.
    Many thanks for your help.

Jim

45/70 swaged bullets

hi jim did you get the flyer

richard
    Last edited by rickosf; 05-02-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickosf View Post
    hi jim did you get te flyer

richard
    Hi Richard

Got the flyer, well chuffed thanks again.

Jim

45/70 Swaging Kit

I have for sale a bullet swageing set for 45/70 paper patch heads. Swage fits in standard press, but needs a big one!!! A large quantity of wire. A custom wire cutter. Several hundred trapezoidal cut patches. £150 lot. Can take to Shooting Show in Nottingham a week tomorrow. Drop me a pm if seriously interested.
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay