Thread: Scary power from a 1930's BSA!!!!

edbear2 Guest

Exclamation Scary power from a 1930's BSA!!!!

Was messing around with a 43.5 size, late gun in .177 this morning, has the late type of piston washer retainer, and the plain overall look of these last guns ..ie: simple 1 stamp by tap, flat top, large simple pivot etc. Anyway, I thought I would try a tx200 spring (thanks Paul) as they have almost no preload, and look good quality..The result was not what expected

Does anyone know a Priest

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7623232223285/

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Aaah, thas' the 5 six beast you 've got there, not the regular 3 six beast which is a much more scary animal, your average 5 six beast typically only preys on those with weak bladders an' a fondness for old BSA air rifles....
    Last edited by harvey_s; 05-02-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: can't count :(

Idle hands are the devil's playground.....
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    805.33 would have been a much scarier number

Advice from "Father Chris"

Repent yon Ed tho yonger....tis devil his self yous got thare... best though gist the evil fire stick to me...

I'm going to break open a new bottle of "Holy water" tonight Eddie to see if I can expedite the demons from afar...I can more or less guarentee you will not see those evil numbers again...but I might wake up with a headache...a risk I'm prepared to take on behalf of a fellow nutter.....ATB,Father Chris.

Strange I stumbled onto this post. On my way home this afternoon I passed three oncoming vehicles with the number of the beast within the reg plate- and this within an 8 mile journey along a not especially busy route???

I know you do see them from time to time but three within no time at all???

Spooky

Dave

AHHHHHHH THE HOLY WATER TASTES SOOOO NICE.....HIC

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    AHHHHHHH THE HOLY WATER TASTES SOOOO NICE.....HIC
    So.........Did you have any revelations......

P.S..It is quite consistent around "that" number......say =/- 15 FPS.......and you can call me a liar, but it only went and did the same again after about 10 shots...taking it up to the well later to swab the bore with some Malvern "holy" water.........maybe that will sort it

No revelations Ed....just a thick head..

Hope you & the Mrs. are both well...might see you at R.R. again this summer..? Off to restock with "juice" ready for the England game...ATB,Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Was messing around with a 43.5 size, late gun in .177 this morning, has the late type of piston washer retainer, and the plain overall look of these last guns ..ie: simple 1 stamp by tap, flat top, large simple pivot etc. Anyway, I thought I would try a tx200 spring (thanks Paul) as they have almost no preload, and look good quality..The result was not what expected

Does anyone know a Priest

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...7623232223285/
    Just For the uneducated what would that be in New Money ? i.e ft/lbs and while we are on the subject of f.p.s., am I correct in thinking that when I was a boy, the legal limit for air rifles was 660 ft/sec.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Just For the uneducated what would that be in New Money ? i.e ft/lbs and while we are on the subject of f.p.s., am I correct in thinking that when I was a boy, the legal limit for air rifles was 660 ft/sec.
    You old tart Binners..have a butchers on the top of the chrono..

Clue......three yellow boxes with letters in

(the first number is not there because I was doing single shots and not a string.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...16428/sizes/l/

Amazing stuff technology eh?.......mind you, I still do the old "point blank on concrete, and see what's left" test if I am out and about away from the lab

P.S....can't ever recall anything but 12 pounds as a limit on power, which is 800/600 ish in .177/22 depending on pellet weights etc.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    You old tart Binners..have a butchers on the top of the chrono..

Clue......three yellow boxes with letters in

(the first number is not there because I was doing single shots and not a string.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3122848...16428/sizes/l/

Amazing stuff technology eh?.......mind you, I still do the old "point blank on concrete, and see what's left" test if I am out and about away from the lab

P.S....can't ever recall anything but 12 pounds as a limit on power, which is 800/600 ish in .177/22 depending on pellet weights etc.
    Expect a call from my Age Concern lawyer

that number seems to follow me around!
    i once bought an old lambretta scooter at halloween,number plate was 666 ppj and it had a dead rat in the toolbox,which was locked!
    i used to work for a company that did video surveys of pipelines,the camera once got stuck 66.6 metres down the pipe,the jetting lorry that came to help us get it out had 666 in its registration number.once we had got it out we went into the kfc in reading to get something to eat and my bill came to £6.66.

is there something odd about me?
    Last edited by bigchap; 06-02-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: addition