Thread: Airgun Sport Issue No.1 WANTED !!!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Exclamation Airgun Sport Issue No.1 WANTED !!!

Due to a cock up at the distribution centre servicing my local area's news trade/agents, and missing the mail order boat at Archant, I failed to get my own copy of the first edition of the new Airgun Sport magazine, as edited by our very own Jim Tyler.

I am totally gutted about this, and wondered if any of you good folk out there in collector land, had a spare copy I could buy off you, or make a donation to H4Hs in your name for in exchange for a copy? Really do hope someone can help . Many thanks in anticipation of finding a copy: Gareth.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 06-02-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: to increase the point size to make the above stand out more.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Sorry Gareth, I don't have a copy but I'll ask up at the club tomorrow, someone may have a copy they'll pass on
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Sorry Gareth, I don't have a copy but I'll ask up at the club tomorrow, someone may have a copy they'll pass on
    Thank you Dave, greatly appreciated. Have already secured one copy c/o BBS good guy elewis411 however (cheers Lewis, you are a top man), but would love a second if possible, which I will get Jim to sign when next I see him, so I can have one copy heading up my collection, and one copy as an autographed almanac .

Now, not being greedy here, but if anyone else has a copy spare, I could do with a third as well really, as my fellow mod Delta1 (our Rich), would love a copy, too, so do please still let me know if you can help . Atvb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I'd like a copy of this too - been looking out for it in Smith's and other newagents - but seen nowt anywhere...
    (not even listed by Archant as a mag they publish)

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    (not even listed by Archant as a mag they publish)
    Not yet - but it will be.

I have looked all over and not found one....So if anyone has a spare unsigned (as this will be rarer) please bear me in mind.

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    I've got an unsigned copy! and the daughter used it as a coaster for a mug of coffee

Bleddy kids huh

It looks like I could do with a secondhand copy as well if someone has one spare -----I don't mind paying.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Due to a cock up at the distribution centre servicing my local area's news trade/agents, and missing the mail order boat at Archant, I failed to get my own copy of the first edition of the new Airgun Sport magazine, as edited by our very own Jim Tyler.

I am totally gutted about this, and wondered if any of you good folk out there in collector land, had a spare copy I could buy off you, or make a donation to H4Hs in your name for in exchange for a copy? Really do hope someone can help . Many thanks in anticipation of finding a copy: Gareth.

Gareth

Just for clarification - issue 2 is the first one edited by JT (the first issue was edited by Phil Price I think)

I assume you therefore are looking for issue 2 ?

HTH

Roger

Thank you Dave, greatly appreciated. Have already secured one copy c/o BBS good guy elewis411 however (cheers Lewis, you are a top man), but would love a second if possible, which I will get Jim to sign when next I see him, so I can have one copy heading up my collection, and one copy as an autographed almanac .

Now, not being greedy here, but if anyone else has a copy spare, I could do with a third as well really, as my fellow mod Delta1 (our Rich), would love a copy, too, so do please still let me know if you can help . Atvb: G.
    Sorry Gareth, no joy at the club I'm afraid (bad week as it happens, they're all away at a comp somewhere!)...I'll look around the local newsagents tomorrow but I don't hold out much hope...
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Gareth

Just for clarification - issue 2 is the first one edited by JT (the first issue was edited by Phil Price I think)

I assume you therefore are looking for issue 2 ?

HTH

Roger
    No matey, it is issue one I am after, which had Phil as the launch editor, with Jim ready to take the reign as the running editor. I actually have an issue two, and it is also now in my local WH Smiths, too, so it is number one that I want.

No matey, it is issue one I am after, which had Phil as the launch editor, with Jim ready to take the reign as the running editor. I actually have an issue two, and it is also now in my local WH Smiths, too, so it is number one that I want.
    I will look down here for you but I expect there will only be the common signed ones

Only joking Jimbo... before you hit the Big Red Red Button

I have a copy

Came free with my subscription of sporting rifle the other day. I will ask my mate if he has a spare too from his subscription

Mark
    My karma ran over your dogma

Quote Originally Posted by foxshooter View Post
    I have a copy

Came free with my subscription of sporting rifle the other day. I will ask my mate if he has a spare too from his subscription

Mark
    Thank you Mark, very kind indeed, as am still lookling for a second, and I know Delta1 (Rich) is still looking for one, too. Would you and your friend want cover price payment plus post (which is not a problem), or a donation in your name made to H4Hs or the RNLI ?

Atvb: Gareth.

Thank you Mark, very kind indeed, as am still looking for a second, and I know Delta1 (Rich) is still looking for one, too. Would you and your friend want cover price payment plus post (which is not a problem), or a donation in your name made to H4Hs or the RNLI ?
    Oops! Hi Mark. Just checked and the mag sent out with Sporting Rifle, was in fact the new Airgun Shooter magazine, and not the new Airgun Sport magazine (the one I'm after), so thank you very much indeed for your kind offer, but will pass thanks . Atb: G.