Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO2 Pistol accuracy???

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    Apart from single shot handguns the best repeaters are revolvers as all of the others even if they have an external hammer that you can cock first still turn the cylinder when you pull the trigger. I would say get a S&W revolver with 6inch barrel used in single action its hard to beat only snag they are a bit heavy.
    Strongly seconded on all points.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by outside View Post
    Hi jim, reporting back as promised. I gave the gecos a go this afternoon. It was still cold, so not quite perfect conditions, but I put out the trap at 6 yards and rested my hand. Fired of 8 shots putting 5 into a 1.5" group and the others were a bit variable.... The trigger is a bit of a handful so I could easily have pulled them a bit, but that is a huge improvement, and this was not exhaustive testing. I can now work on zeroing the pistol and getting the hang of the trigger.

As a guide, sooting ten yards with the same pellets in my FAS I am grouping about an inch and a quarter without a rest, with the odd pulled shot.

Perhaps with some time to lead the barrel and some warmer weather it will improve.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Has anyone managed to improve the trigger on thier gun? I don't mind pretty involved work.

I think you'll like the Geco pellets, once you get the pistol sorted.

I've never used them, but they are so popular among our UBC's Police Pistol competitors that I'm going to give them a try.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

They certainly work well in my FAS604. And given that they are so cheap, there is no excuse for not practicing

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    I've sold a shedload of CP99's just lately, and it's all down to my little friend, the CPS. Although they look the same, the cheaper CPS doesn't have the "Walther" logo's (or the 'trades' as they're known), and you can't cock it. Being unable to set the trigger to half-already-pulled, does leave you with the longest trigger pull in the world. Customers like the price of the CPS, so I encourage them to have a few shots. Then with a flourish, I produce a CP99, and get them to fire a couple of shots having racked the slide. This in effect cocks the invisible hammer, and leaves you with just a fraction of a trigger pull.
    They always upgrade to the Walther CP99!
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickpan View Post
    I've sold a shedload of CP99's just lately, and it's all down to my little friend, the CPS. Although they look the same, the cheaper CPS doesn't have the "Walther" logo's (or the 'trades' as they're known), and you can't cock it. Being unable to set the trigger to half-already-pulled, does leave you with the longest trigger pull in the world. Customers like the price of the CPS, so I encourage them to have a few shots. Then with a flourish, I produce a CP99, and get them to fire a couple of shots having racked the slide. This in effect cocks the invisible hammer, and leaves you with just a fraction of a trigger pull.
    They always upgrade to the Walther CP99!
    I do agree with you they are great little guns I have had several in the past and having the rear half slide to cock it is a great help. The problem that I had with them was that I broke my left wrist some time ago and I found it hard to grip the slide and pull it back. I was thinking about taking it appart to see if the action could be made to work smoother but they are not the easiest things to take appart so in the end I sold them.

This may make a few of you scream in Horror?

I like Co2 pistols and have a collection of five plus one or ahem! two more handguns,

I have noted some are a little rough mechanically and under lubed,

I use a spray cleaner lube combined which has a vapour phase, you spray all over and into the gun and then I wrap it in a soft cloth and leave it overnight,

The oil penetrates all moving parts and as it gasses off thickens and clings to the metal parts without harming plastic or rubber components,

After removing excess lube it is almost always much smoother and slicker in operation a little oil may seep out for a while but this treatment I do once a year,

Solved a few problems which have not reappeared,

As advertising is frowned on, Product Named via PM if wished,

Safe Shooting