Firstly......If you are looking for screws to fit the inspection covers on the butt of your 1920's/30's BSA, and have actually found a source for countersunk,raised head, slotted woodscrews, (in plain steel...ie. not plated)...please put me out of my misery......I have tried every place I can think of, to no avail

However........I was just doing a repair earlier to a damaged stock, (letting hardwood dowls into the Butt recess cap screw positions)......and was sorting through my small selection of bits trying to find a nice matching pair of screws to complete the job....no luck, then, whilst upstairs, I noticed that the hinges on an old bookcase we have were quite close in size (no5)......so did a quick mooch and found that the inner front door (which still has the original Bakelite door handle and lock surround).......had just the chaps holding the handle surround on ....

"Used to" being the operative word, as the gun is now complete and ready for a trip to the garden with a cuppa, and the door now has two brass screws instead (will look fine once I dab a bit of Birchwood brass black on them........just waiting till the coast is clear