Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M.A.D Results 7th Feb 2010

Quote Originally Posted by batfink View Post
    A brilliant days shooting so thanks to those who organised it. I must say a big well done to Lloyd who shot like an absolute demon! He came close to his goal of actually doubling my score...too darn close frankly!!
    I'm gradually recovering the use of my right arm from cocking the Dragon. Fortunately I've found I can lift the wine glass quite well with the left one...purely medicinal you understand....
    the defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899

Well done Ian on another testing course and the weather just held up nicely (just)
    Cheers to Rog and Phil for the good company especially Phill for the use of the gun for the last few shots.
    It was nice to see everyone after a little lay off sadly the rifle needed more rest
    Wayne twelvetree i need your services again if you or someone could send me your phone number or email again.
    Well done to Jen and Gilly on your good shooting and see you all soon.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Daz , you have p/m with Waynes number

Don ..

Lloyd_D Guest
    Great session today. Nice one M.A.D

Pleasure shooting round with you Anne, I'm sure next time you lift a .22 you'll give me more of a run for me money. Your still the standing queen

Must practise me standers before the nationals hey

Booking in........

Appologies to those whose names I couldn't place, there were actaully more than it seemed
    I put it down to a big clump on the temple from my 2,1/2 yr old little girl with a metal drinks bottle last night.
    It was a bit like, the week after one of those 'fun times', in the front row that only a select few know all about

Anyway, a good mornings shooting again and nice to see Paul Foyle back.

roll on the SH in a fortnight.

Wayne
    If you know how many guns you’ve got, you haven’t got enough.
    YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd_D View Post
    Great session today. Nice one M.A.D

Pleasure shooting round with you Anne, I'm sure next time you lift a .22 you'll give me more of a run for me money. Your still the standing queen

Must practise me standers before the nationals hey
    Hey, Lloyd... Got room for another, as I really think I should be practising mine right next to you... After dropping 4 points on the standers today!

Thanks to Doppa and Gareth for the fine company and words of encouragement. Looking forward to the penultimate round of HFT After Dark this Wednesday, then back in the Wood of Doom for the Southern Hunters.

See ya there.
    M.A.D. FOR IT!

great day today. top course from ian and cleeve. was a stark reminder of how badly im shooting at the mo. mad teams were sorted today and we look solid again this year.
    nice to see laity back in the fortys again and well done for a solid twelfth place
    cheers
    dop
    M.A.D FOR IT!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Yep, much fun was had by all. My worst recoiling score ever however, but I'll put that down to my hang over. ... Ha ha. Cheers chaps for a great day. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Gareth mate , you were not alone

Don ...

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by BEESA View Post
    Gareth mate , you were not alone

Don ...
    ... Ha ha. Cheers Don.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Nice to here the comments on the course

Cleve and myself set this course over 2 days and even Cleve said after we had finished it was a stinker,as it turned out to be .

Last year at MAD I did think ,were we setting courses that were to hard for the average shooter ,did they shoot at MAD, get in the car ,and on the way home think What a waste of a Sunday scoring arond the high 40;s r low 50s but it looks like by sticking to our guns at Mad, people are coming because they want a true test of their ability against the stiffest of tests .

We dont put any 40mm between 16yrds to 35yrds unless they are standers or kneelers as we all know every-one can knock them down ,;dont we ]

So we thank you for coming and we will try to keep up our standards and keep testing your ability to the full.

Ian and Cleve
    [Ian Bainbridge]

well all i can say is you are a bad man
    Last edited by skygrowler; 08-02-2010 at 10:01 AM.
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899

oh dear , did i say that out loud ,
    sorry Ian, nice course
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899

Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    Last year at MAD I did think ,were we setting courses that were to hard for the average shooter ,did they shoot at MAD, get in the car ,and on the way home think What a waste of a Sunday scoring arond the high 40;s r low 50s but it looks like by sticking to our guns at Mad, people are coming because they want a true test of their ability against the stiffest of tests .

We dont put any 40mm between 16yrds to 35yrds unless they are standers or kneelers as we all know every-one can knock them down ,;dont we ]

So we thank you for coming and we will try to keep up our standards and keep testing your ability to the full.

Ian and Cleve
    Batfink and I just (try to) shoot whatever is set. (Shoot and be thankful to the course setters). Indeed I was pondering the life of a 'top shot' after yesterday. It must be a tad stressful to be a top shot with scores always in the 56+ league as the worry about dropping points could be terrible. So ... quite pleased it never (or very rarely) affects me like that. Still, one day I may experience such stress....

Cheers, and thanks again.

Phil

Smile Great Real 1st Shoot

Many thanks to all i met at M.A.D. yesterday, great course really enjoyed it challanging and some interesting placements.
    Cheers to Aaron and Steve for the encouragement.
    So pleased i became a member, now got to get in some serious practice,
    As for my score, we'll pass on that and say things can only improve.
    Special cheers to Roger and Gary for introducing me to the club and Ian for the welcome.

Simon