Thread: Hornet owners a few questions please.

Question Hornet owners a few questions please.

I hadn’t been thinking of one of these cause sniper22 had a lot of trouble with his (one of the very first) but Gazo likes them and they seem to be the spec I want so I have a few questions.
    • Reliability are the later ones reliable?

In 0.177 how many shots before they go off reg?

THE ULTIMATE compared with other regulated guns (eg Harrier X) what are they like for accuracy?

What's the trigger like on the newer ones?

Uttings say it’s an Ambi stock, will it do for a Lefty?

Thanks All.

Ora

The Golden Shot Guest
    i dont own a hornet but shoot one, so what ever i say would be biased, what i will say is get down your local gun club and ask around to try the guns out, what you have to realise is also your budget price as there is a big differance in cost, hope that helps in your quest
    Last edited by The Golden Shot; 16-10-2004 at 08:05 PM.

gazo had a bit of truoble with his because water was getting in but he never listened to me i tol him now to go deep sea diving with it

Gazo Guest
    Hello mate,

I get about 50 shots with mine that is at 200bar fill (can be filled to 232)

Trigger is nice, Mine has been performing well this year with 3 x 56/60 at 3 HFT rounds this year. bench rested mine is pellet on pellet at 35 yards.
    I did have a problem with the gun on the last 2 rounds of HFT but that was totally my fault as I had shot a in house comp at Quarry the week before in a storm and got the gun soaked and never dried it proper which caused all sorts of problems, even the barrel shroud was rusted on
    I have just had the shroud removed and the barrel threaded and looking forward to next year's HFT.

Hi Ora,

I've only owned my Multishot Hornet Carbine since July so difficult to comment on reliability but so far its been no probs. Mines a 0.22 calibre and it gets 90 - 100 full power shots ( 11.5ft/lbs with about 5fps variation ).

Its very accurate ( far more than I'll ever be anyway ) as for leftiness, I'm afraid I'm a right hooker so I can't comment, but it has got a very comfortable stock, nicely shaped. The trigger is two stage one which is easily adjustable and very smooth.

HTH

Norm

p.s. If you get one try and get a Phoenix Phantom CF silencer to go with it ( about £40 ) they're really good - very quite and very light.

Shaggy Guest
    They are decent rifles for the Money!
    in single shot there's a big jump money wise to nearly all other regged rifles so being the cheapest it get's attension as most regged rifles start from about £100 more.

I am a lefty & shoot with both hands, again the 1 I use isn't my own but I make good use of it. I can quite happly shoot the rifle with the standard stock, it's not as good as the right side but it's doable. I's say have a try first, if you have small hands it may be a bit uncomfortable.

I personelly deceided to get an ambi thumbhole for the Hornet so I can bat bothside as itwere, the other major factor for my opting for it was I have a problem shooting it with the standard stock. So the Ambi was made to fit my arms CLUCKING LONG there's an extra 3" on the back end

There arn't many that can shoot it with that stock on but try. Normally I have the standard stock with me if people can't reach the scope to make it easier to mess with.

you may find you'd be happy with it but when you try it don't just hold it if you can have a short plink, not playing with it could be you get rid of it in a few weeks becasue you didn't get on with it.

Hope it helps~
    Darren

MikeI Guest
    I also shoot a hornet 1.77 carbine..
    what suites one person might not suite the other so try for your self mate you won't be disapointed it's been said gazo and steve, pellet on pellet nice trigger which can be adjusted to the way you like, good shot capacity easy cocking or decock and also regulated for consistancy i have been shooting a hornet now for about seven months now at my clubs in house compititions and on the H.F.T circuit meets around the uk from being ranked about 99th last year and this year ranked at 34th thats not that bad

so get your hands on one and try one for your self

GOOD LUCK
    atb MIKE

Darren Petts Guest
    The Hornet is reliable. Only problems with my very early one ALL centre around my skeleton stock and not the action.

Carbine will do 45 to 70 shots in .177 dependant on pellet choice. Rifle does 95 on Daystates.

Accuracy as good as any other gun. Nothing wrong at all with BSA barrels.

Trigger is excellent. When you take the cost of the gun into account the trigger is way better than you ought to expect.

All Hornets come with a R/H stock. It's not a true ambi but is what BSA term left hand friendly. Certainly shootable by lefties.

Re the Hornets compatability for Leftys, I am right handed but shoot left eyed. I shoot a "proper" left handed S10 and the right biased / left compatable Hornet and it suits me a treat, hardly notice the change. How ever I dont shoot either of them to the accuracy I would like , but that is down to me not the stocks.
    About 60 odd accurate shots per fill and no problems with reliability once I learnt how to fill it . Mine is a very early .177 single shot .
    HTH Derek