Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

I was on YouTube and I saw this vid of a woman shooting targets @ 200m with a legal limit HW100. She showed a piece of paper stating the rifle was sub 12ft/lbs but it just sounds too impossible. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a .22 Rimfire struggle at that range? All the same, it still sounds all a bit too fishy for my liking especially as she 'forgot' to bring a chrono but had enough sense to bring everything else she needed. I don't know how to post links but the YouTube posters name is cubleycat.

Cubleycat, my response

Hi every everyone, I am as you can see the cubleycat herself
    I see some of you think its fake, you are entitled to your own opinion and I thank you for not calling the police but just leaving it at that, but as for the sad looser (if you should read this) who did call the police in a cowardly fashion I hope you realise you have only served to further damage the already troubled name of the shooting community by getting the police involved! the only offence committed here is by you for wasting police time by telling them lies, I do not nor have ever had firearms or ammo nor have I ever indicated such!
    I hope you have a visit from the police over this, I have involved the IPCC so the Sargent will be getting an ear full soon for carrying out a search in an aggressive manor thanks to your lies.

Anyway I will do another 200meter + shot with the aid of a chrono for those who still doubt its authenticity.
    I set the scopes by packing under the rear of it with 5mm of cardboard, then set out a target ten meters away and set it so the pellet hit 30cm above the aim point, this should give you an idea how much elevation I had (just in-case anyone would like to try it for them selves). The elevation is not that visible when you look at the barrel!

“I swear on the Holly Bible, my mothers grave and my life that the 200meter shot is not fake”

I have nothing to gain by making a fake video.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by cubleycat View Post
    I see some of you think its fake, you are entitled to your own opinion and I thank you for not calling the police but just leaving it at that, but as for the sad looser (if you should read this) who did call the police in a cowardly fashion I hope you realise you have only served to further damage the already troubled name of the shooting community by getting the police involved! the only offence committed here is by you for wasting police time by telling them lies, I do not nor have ever had firearms or ammo nor have I ever indicated such!
    I hope you have a visit from the police over this, I have involved the IPCC so the Sargent will be getting an ear full soon for carrying out a search in an aggressive manor thanks to your lies.

Anyway I will do another 200meter + shot with the aid of a chrono for those who still doubt its authenticity.
    I set the scopes by packing under the rear of it with 5mm of cardboard, then set out a target ten meters away and set it so the pellet hit 30cm above the aim point, this should give you an idea how much elevation I had (just in-case anyone would like to try it for them selves). The elevation is not that visible when you look at the barrel!

“I swear on the Holly Bible, my mothers grave and my life that the 200meter shot is not fake”

Cubley me darling dont worry your little heart out, well done, I too do long range shooting for fun and 200mts is a long way for a pellet to travel but your doing it girl so good on you.
    Most of these rambo's on here luv cant shoot a barn door let alone tins at 200mts.
    well done.
    I'm forever blowing "Bubbles"

Emma,

nice write up in Aprils Airgun shooter.

safe shooting

julian

ps. Nice shooting by the way

Quote Originally Posted by jbb View Post
    Emma,

nice write up in Aprils Airgun shooter.

safe shooting

julian

ps. Nice shooting by the way
    Thanks JBB, I am getting well know for my shooting

Thumbs up Great shooting

I too have watched the videos and can say nothing but GREAT SHOOTING!.Dont you just love the type of people that dismiss things as impossible without trying for themselves.Personally i found them entertaining and encouraging.Keep up the great videos please and i hope your bad experience hasnt dampend your spirits too much.ATVB.Daz.
    Daystate airwolf mvt,hawke sidewinder 8-32x56 sr12ir,airstream silencer,harris 9-13 swivel bipod.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/719/11072009410.jpg

Thumbs up

It's a bit sad someone, especially another shooter, has felt the need to report you. Got to admit 200m is impressive with 12fpe, every credit to you.
    Last edited by Dave Ramshead; 06-03-2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: correction y to m
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

I don't much care for a person calling the police over a Youtube video, but consider this. There is little doubt in my mind that the caller is not a member of the shooting community. Even if he/she was, they may be ignorant of the capabilities of a .177 air rifle. It's clear from some of the posts on this thread that some forum members have their doubts. With all extremes, and I would suggest that this is extreme shooting, there are going to be people who doubt the truth of the matter. Add those two things together, and it's hardly surprising that someone called the police. It is quite possible that some individual genuinely thought you would have to have a significantly over powered air rifle to make this feat happen. What would you have such a person do?

There is simply no possibility that the caller has done any damage to shooting, because you have done nothing wrong! Neither has the caller. It is quite possible that the individual had genuine concerns, and did what any good citizen ought to do, which is to report those concerns to the police, which is what they did. That is a wholly different matter from telling lies, an accusation for which there would appear to be no evidence whatsoever.

Now, the attitude of the police officer/s who did the search on your home is a different matter altogether. Go for the throat, do not accept local resolution. If you are a member of a shooting organisation get them involved. That is the cause of your upset I would suggest. I can only suspect that his weenie shrunk clear back to his rusty sheriff's star at the thought of dealing with an evil firearm that scared him so. Never attribue malice to anything adequately explained by stupidity.

While I'm here, I'd just like to examine the use of the term 'grass'. Let's clarify. A grass is someone who informs on his associates. He is a fellow criminal. Think of him what you will.

The term is increasingly used for anyone who reports a crime, or a suspected crime, to the police, especially if they know the person who has committed that crime. If that informant has had nothing to do with the crime, and hasn't used insider knowledge treacherously obtained, then that person is a witness, possibly a victim, but never a grass.

Red face

well im new to the forum and regained my long lost interest in shooting ... @cublecay ... good on ya and yes i believe you did it, and have to say in all honesty that if i get to be HALF as good of a shot as you are .... then i will be a very happy bloke ....... well done to you

100 good, 200 better!

I see this as a good challenge, several times we have put a target at 100 metres at our club, just a tin can on a string or a paper targte, and see if you can get it. You can use the puffs of sand when you miss to help zero in.

Might have to setup a 200 metre test on the permission :-)

Even the Romans knew that the perfect trajectory for range was 45*.....
    Try shooting across a flat calm lake, and you will be amazed at the distance covered... If you can even see the splash at those distances..

better practice as i have hard time past 50 yards

Stop trying to discredit her you whingers the HW100 is a fantastic gun & Cubleycat is a fantastic shot enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Paul View Post
    Stop trying to discredit her you whingers the HW100 is a fantastic gun & Cubleycat is a fantastic shot enough said.
    'ere 'ere mate,thoroughly agree

Some people have to justify there inabilities sad but true by bring into disrepute somebody else's ability.
    Instead of learning from them and improving there own.

Keep up the good work Chublycat i enjoy your video's may you keep on making them.
    Wanted S4** in need of TLC Project required WYG
    AA S410TDR .22 050370 Tench reg (AA S410 Classic .177 039396 Pre A/T Walnut T/Hole) AA s410k 1.77 Tench Reg HW90 .177 1268824