Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.22 rimfire range

Quote Originally Posted by joekid View Post
    / didnt some tool kill a woman on a horse years ago in surrey,, a farmer shooting pigeons off his roof/ 22lr, a stray bullet came down in a village 2 miles away knocking a woman off her horse killing her,/// dont know if it was the fall or what that did the damage but the bullet struck her head// its a fact.
    Not sure if I remember right here, but an RAF shooting instructor/range officer, told me many (many) years ago that the .22 rimfires we were using at the time, were lethal up to a mile and had a range of 3 if you just let one go up in the air. He also said that the old lee enfield 303 was lethal up to 3 miles and had a range of 7.
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    TeePee always empty when frost on Buffalo nose

Quote Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
    He also said that the old lee enfield 303 was lethal up to 3 miles and had a range of 7.
    maybe the ones in a spitfire

Yes, I believe a .303 will carry 3 miles if elevated at 30 something degrees, and whilst it is still flying it can still kill

I think this whole debate stems from a form of macho jealousy. These guys just can't stand to be beaten at their own game by a woman.

This lady, Emma, is a real tinkerer. She's made all her own NV camera attachments and worked out a lot of solutions to problems by using common sense.......a thing which seems to be sadly lacking in a few doubters on here.

Good luck Emma. I know there are hundreds of shooters that really enjoy your videos on YouTube.
    Daystate Huntsman MKII .177 Pulsar N550 NV
    Logun Solo.177 Hawke Sidewinder 4-12 X 52