Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Question 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

I was on YouTube and I saw this vid of a woman shooting targets @ 200m with a legal limit HW100. She showed a piece of paper stating the rifle was sub 12ft/lbs but it just sounds too impossible. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a .22 Rimfire struggle at that range? All the same, it still sounds all a bit too fishy for my liking especially as she 'forgot' to bring a chrono but had enough sense to bring everything else she needed. I don't know how to post links but the YouTube posters name is cubleycat.

I believe I saw the same video a while back. Was it the one were the girl was shooting tin cans at 200M? Her elevation was like 10 yards or something I believe she said or maybe 12 yards It was rediculous. Also she was elevated were she was aiming from so the targets stayed in her mils. The end were it showed a hole in the tin can was pretty unrealistic at that range though, at only 12Ftlb

yes we know of cubleycat.....what you gentlemen are forgetting to say is that this lady was grassed up by a club member to the police who thought her guns were illegal.
    the police took her guns for testing and she got ALL of her guns back with printed documents proving their legality.

she also told how high the aimpoint was for the 200 yard shots and shown how far the cans were through her laser rangefinder and as for her ''elevated'' position...its only a 3ft ish folding table and minimum bipod height.

imho good on her for being able to drop cans at 200 yards...instead of criticising her,have a go yourself.
    Last edited by ikarma70; 08-02-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    yes we know of cubleycat.....what you gentlemen are forgetting to say is that this lady was grassed up by a club member to the police who thought her guns were illegal.
    the police took her guns for testing and she got ALL of her guns back with printed documents proving their legality.

she also told how high the aimpoint was for the 200 yard shots and shown how far the cans were through her laser rangefinder and as for her ''elevated'' position...its only a 3ft ish folding table and minimum bipod height.

imho good on her for being able to drop cans at 200 yards...instead of criticising her,have a go yourself.

You took the words right out of my mouth

Cubleycat is a 100% verified long range shooter! The police have told us her guns are legal, she uses a laser rangefinder, and in one video she even pulls a tape along with her to 200m!

What other proof do you want that she's ace?! A pellet going that fast will of course go 200m. Why is it so strange that it hits what it's supposed to when coming out of a top end rifle with a good scope and handled by an expert shooter?

All you can do is try it for yourself

Regards .22 rimfire , I used to do .22 target shooting at a local club and on the ammo box were the words ' Dangerous up to a mile ' or something like that .

regaurds to the rimfire, i mainly shoot rimfire now and regularly shoot rabbits upto 130yrds with subsonic ammo! So if your firing high velocity ammo, 200 yrds is nothing, all you need is good conditions and skill!!
    James

I've just seen the same video on Youtube and I have to say that I'm very impressed, great shooting. She has a very nice gun there.

it is a fake no hw can reach that no even an air arms s410 xtra fac might do it but it would struggle they would of played with it tuned it up

Hi all

I beleave that a legal limit air rifle can do them sort of distances. I used to shoot an air arms s200 at old metal signs at 100m and it would leave one heck of a dent. I beleave if cond are right you would have np shoot pellets that far. I bet if you try it on bigger targets you could get the same sort of distances just my 2p worth.

Well i know 100m is quite possible with a 12ft/lb air rifle, have done so many a year ago(16 ish years lol) when i used to visit the swansea club on their out door range so conditions being right 200m would well be possible and a .22lr would hit 200m with ease.
    "A wise old man told me something once but I forgot what he said."

Cubleycat, my response

Hi every everyone, I am as you can see the cubleycat herself
    I see some of you think its fake, you are entitled to your own opinion and I thank you for not calling the police but just leaving it at that, but as for the sad looser (if you should read this) who did call the police in a cowardly fashion I hope you realise you have only served to further damage the already troubled name of the shooting community by getting the police involved! the only offence committed here is by you for wasting police time by telling them lies, I do not nor have ever had firearms or ammo nor have I ever indicated such!
    I hope you have a visit from the police over this, I have involved the IPCC so the Sargent will be getting an ear full soon for carrying out a search in an aggressive manor thanks to your lies.

Anyway I will do another 200meter + shot with the aid of a chrono for those who still doubt its authenticity.
    I set the scopes by packing under the rear of it with 5mm of cardboard, then set out a target ten meters away and set it so the pellet hit 30cm above the aim point, this should give you an idea how much elevation I had (just in-case anyone would like to try it for them selves). The elevation is not that visible when you look at the barrel!

“I swear on the Holly Bible, my mothers grave and my life that the 200meter shot is not fake”

I have nothing to gain by making a fake video.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luckythirteen View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth

Cubleycat is a 100% verified long range shooter! The police have told us her guns are legal, she uses a laser rangefinder, and in one video she even pulls a tape along with her to 200m!

What other proof do you want that she's ace?! A pellet going that fast will of course go 200m. Why is it so strange that it hits what it's supposed to when coming out of a top end rifle with a good scope and handled by an expert shooter?

All you can do is try it for yourself
    Thanks guys, I am nothing special when it comes to shooting, just persistent LOL. I am always trying out new things to shoot, mainly targets and for fun, I am not into competitions myself!

Here are a few videos of mine (PS dont call the cops its all legal stuff ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkCGIaGLo8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KYob7wcLCE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGzI60k5jaY

Thanks and enjoy

surprised myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Backblast View Post
    I believe I saw the same video a while back. Was it the one were the girl was shooting tin cans at 200M? Her elevation was like 10 yards or something I believe she said or maybe 12 yards It was rediculous. Also she was elevated were she was aiming from so the targets stayed in her mils. The end were it showed a hole in the tin can was pretty unrealistic at that range though, at only 12Ftlb
    It may seem unrealistic to make a hole in the can at 200m with 12ftlbs, to be honest I dont know if I would believe it either only I do because it did, very surprised myself!
    I am not wanting to start a debate, it would be best for you to try it for your self
    Oh it was a Daystate Rangemaster 4.53 pellet, the only one that would do it!

better practice as i have hard time past 50 yards

good shooting