Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post
    Oh do keep up!

In summary, not exactly brilliant, but in either .22 or .177 given a bit of practise and skill you can group inside a sheet of A4 in calm conditions... and yes I've done it... many times.
    put it this way.... dear all non believers ask yourself this would you let someone shoot you in the bare a** cheek at 200 yds?

yours sincerely
    Theoben Evolution .177 / Nikko Stirling mount master 6x40AO

Just got back into target shooting after a 4 year break. I did some long range with .177 at 100yds using my EV2/Leup comp series and my Zenith/Leup comp series. I could consistently get sub 60 mil groups, and one some occasions get sub 45mm groups, my best group was 32mm CTC with the EV2 all 5 shot groups. I take my hat to this lady as I know how difficult it is to set up, just get out there and have a go, I know I will be doing again.

All the best. Neil.

Smile long range

great shooting this is not imposable its just great skill cant understand why people doubt it probally do 250 meters if aimed high enough as for the cans are more like paper today not like years ago bazz41

Brilliant shooting cubbleycat.

Really impressive.

Liam

WOW!!

In one word - Brilliant!

They are some great shots and from a verified source!!

Miss Cat should be the envy of us all (maybe thats why some seem to think it's fake/illegal!)

More of us should try to push our skills. BUT never on live quarry!! For that I'll never take a shot past 40yards.
    Keep up the good work Mods/Admin!

Quote Originally Posted by baz41 View Post
    great shooting this is not imposable its just great skill cant understand why people doubt it probally do 250 meters if aimed high enough as for the cans are more like paper today not like years ago bazz41
    completely agree, all you have to do is aim higher and higher until you hit, and packing the rear scope ring on the base will easily make further distances capable within the reticle. just make sure you add the packing in the centre so that the scope is central other wise it causes havok.

we're only up to mid 100-150 yards but thats with a .22, don't accuse people of it being fake until you have proof.

atb
    tom

im waiting on the perfect day to push my sub 12 as far as possible,just it could be a long wait the way the weather is going lol but i did one the other day but only 75yds
    http://youtu.be/G3o6H0an7s0

I reckon if i was on a high enough platform i could throw a stone 200 yds........aslong as the platform was 200 yds high.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangatanga View Post
    I reckon if i was on a high enough platform i could throw a stone 200 yds........aslong as the platform was 200 yds high.
    but would'nt that be "dropping" and not throwing

Extremely impressed! I was dubious to start but there's no arguing the fact that this lady is a great shot and a really intuitive hobbyist.

Good effort.

I just want to remind everyone of the "Air gun safety rule : Always make sure there are no potential threats of life or property BEHIND you target as an airgun pellets can travel several hundred yards"

You own dam safety info tell you its possible, so why all the messing around?

You think the safety guys lie? you think the pellets just stop at a certain range?

The gun math is easy with a 177 4-5 grain pellet @770fps about 3 feet over target (7 or 8 degrees)... Look I can go and plot this out for you on a ballistics calculator if you like. You can hit 200 yards easy, if its an aerodynamic pellet it may also carry the required inertia to pop a hole in a tin can.

Now if there was any wind that would take some skill and even getting the right angle is skill, but once you are ZERO's at 200 yards ... meh we could all do it.

I woman was killed in a famous case in america when someone shot a handgun into the air at a party at about 60degrees, the bullet went several miles and hit her upside the head and killed her, the ballistics guys were confused at first because it looked like she had been shot from a tall building, but it was just the bullet on its way back down.

Quote Originally Posted by foxabilo View Post
    I woman was killed in a famous case in america when someone shot a handgun into the air at a party at about 60degrees, the bullet went several miles and hit her upside the head and killed her, the ballistics guys were confused at first because it looked like she had been shot from a tall building, but it was just the bullet on its way back down.
    this has happened loads of times and they don't prosecute.
    a few weeks ago a boy in miami was killed by a shot like this.
    and about a month ago an armish women was killed like this whilst sitting up front with her husband on a cart.

and many many more.
    they tried to do it on mythbusters but couldn't

atb
    tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomSteebs View Post
    this has happened loads of times and they don't prosecute.
    a few weeks ago a boy in miami was killed by a shot like this.
    and about a month ago an armish women was killed like this whilst sitting up front with her husband on a cart.

and many many more.
    they tried to do it on mythbusters but couldn't

atb
    tom
    If remember correctly what Mythbuster's attempted was firing vertical and testing to see if the bullet's free falling back to earth had enough energy to kill, they concluded that in that situation the bullet's did not have enough energy to kill.

But with people being killed by "falling bullets" as you stated, they investigated further and concluded on those situation the bullets would not have been fired virtical (resulting in the bullets free falling back down to earth) but at an high angle, resulting in the bullet retaining enough energy to kill

Or something like that, long time since i watched that episode , all ways like watching them when they are shooting with or at stuff
    Air Arms MPR + GINB FT1 + VIPER 10X44
    WALTHER LGU + VIPER 10X44

Quote Originally Posted by cubleycat View Post
    Thanks guys, I am nothing special when it comes to shooting, just persistent LOL. I am always trying out new things to shoot, mainly targets and for fun, I am not into competitions myself!

Here are a few videos of mine (PS dont call the cops its all legal stuff ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKkCGIaGLo8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KYob7wcLCE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGzI60k5jaY

Thanks and enjoy
    Just paid Youtube a visit, this is awesome shooting, liking it a lot

gong more like ting

saw this and had to give it a try with hw95 luxus 944fps 8.3 gr rws super dome's the gong at 200yds at are range goes ting.this shot can be made today I had lite mist and some wind and hit the one foot square plate 6 for 10 this will be fun when the weather gets better