Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Quote Originally Posted by mangerover View Post
    saw this and had to give it a try with hw95 luxus 944fps 8.3 gr rws super dome's the gong at 200yds at are range goes ting.this shot can be made today I had lite mist and some wind and hit the one foot square plate 6 for 10 this will be fun when the weather gets better
    That's 16.43 fpe dude, not sub-12fpe...
    El-bow, the Spanish Archer

sorry dude

sorry dude I'll go out in the morning and giver a go with the meteor and the benji classic if it stops raining but
    may take more than 10 pellets

It never fails to amaze when the vitriol of the indifferent is spilt over the acheivments of those that challenge the norm.

A lot of shooters make comment on ability when they have never seen a talented shooter shoot....

Well more fools them.

Just because you cant does not mean there are people who cant so stop measuring others by your own defficiencies.

100 yds is easy, 200 yds is immenently possible and I would have a go without a 2nd thought.

On centre fire rifles, you can get rails with slopes in to give the optice the degree of elevation to reach 1000 and 1200 yards.

You tube has lots of extreme range shots........even on animals which I personally am not too keen on.

Having said that, There are times when a good shooter just "knows" when they are in the groove and will take on shots that ordinarily they would not engage. It is sometimes just a feeling but good shooters trust their instincts which is a huge part of any extreme challenge. Its difficult to explain - the best way of describing it is a bit like Zen in marshal arts and that will go over 99% of peoples heads becasue you wont really understand what that is.

As for the person who called the police....well maybe they had genuine concern or maybe they did it with malicious intent..maybe they would be brave enough to post on here to explain their decision....maybe not then.

I have no doubt whatsoever these are genuine shots..and people who just say FAKE or FAC..dont judge others by your own low standards........

Whatever you shoot..do it for enjoyment. But sometimes, either keep your flappy bits shut or appreciate the skills of a natural marksman......
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

well said that man, it's very annoying when people don't believe you just because they can't do something and therefore accuse you of cheating etc....

the hw100 is tbh easy to do long range, just sit down and gradually work your way further....

Quote Originally Posted by sxtx View Post
    better practice as i have hard time past 50 yards
    HI , I can get a reasonable group at 100yds with the s200 but it has to be dead still wind wise as it's only a .177, my groups average about 5 1/2 inches my bsa ultra in .22 does a lot better and groups around the three inch mark, i think it's the weight of the pellet that makes the difference. both are sub 12ft lbs. In the .177 i found the lighter the pellet the faster it goes the better the group. the strange thing is though that at 50yds both rifles group very well at about 1/2

All the best, Monty.

heavy pellet in the .177

Hi Monty try a heavy pellet in the .177 to see if it groups any better at long range The wind is an absolute killer of accurate shots though

ATB
    Emma

Angry re cubbly cat

Yeah i have seen her a few times while looking through you tube .And i have to say she is a good shooter .Ive seen her 200 metre vid and its totaly possible especially with pcp..But i can not beleive someone would call the police..what a lunatic..can airgunners not apply their hobby without being victimised .what is happening in this country?????

Try as I might I cant get the wife to have a go so kudos to this woman for doing such a terrific job of pushing the boundaries of 12lbs air rifles

I have seen this and all i can think is why anyone would not think this is possible? that has an understanding of shooting airguns?
    Last edited by matt007; 15-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Just watched this video,and got to say thats some awesome shoting.

Really want to see this video, the bloke that grassed her up is obviously jelious, maybe as she is female, or the fact she is a better shot?? Fair play to her I say.

200m thats some goin i wouldnt even try to shot a 2.2 bullet gun at that distance

Emma,

Nice, would not have thought of air rifles at those distances, impressed! Going to have to give it a try.

Pipparooba -

200yards with a 22rf is not a problem at all (winds a bugger though)

Steyr

7saum + 30moa base & mount + March 5-40FFP = mile (and still 400+ fpe)

Terry

Have just seen these amazing videos. Emma deserves praise rather than spiteful criticism. Wish I had land that long because I'd be trying it myself!

This thread is good reading if only to bring home just how far a pellet fired at the legal limit can travel. It also shows at 200 yds there is enough energy left to cause an injury!

I do a lot of beachcasting with large lead weights. The optimum casting angle for maximum distance seems about 30-40 degrees depending on the wind.

One day I found myself on a quiet and very wide estuary with the air rifle rather than the rod. Not shooting at fishes - but weather/tides not suiting the fish I felt like exploring and my new HW77 needed running in so I took it with me.

It was a flat, mirror calm surface on the river and the pellet splashes easily seen at distance. So I gradually lifted the elevation of each shot to see just how far the pellet would travel. No measuring tape but my guess then was well over 200 yds and possibly 300. When I got home I confirmed this by checking the width of the tributary that entered the main estuary where I was shooting on an OS map.

I am reluctant to take shots into trees now! Almost vertical shots the pellet will have little energy left when it returns to earth - but at 30 degrees it might still cause some damage!