Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith10284 View Post
    I was on YouTube and I saw this vid of a woman shooting targets @ 200m with a legal limit HW100. She showed a piece of paper stating the rifle was sub 12ft/lbs but it just sounds too impossible. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a .22 Rimfire struggle at that range? All the same, it still sounds all a bit too fishy for my liking especially as she 'forgot' to bring a chrono but had enough sense to bring everything else she needed. I don't know how to post links but the YouTube posters name is cubleycat.
    I watched this and had doubts about it as well!! Seems an awfull long shot not to be effected by wind or something!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter259 View Post
    I watched this and had doubts about it as well!! Seems an awfull long shot not to be effected by wind or something!!
    Just goes to show how sceptical some people are; I’m sure Cubleycat (the perpetrator) won’t lose any sleep or give a dam what you believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QaCvOgRIjY

heres 200m done with a springer, all the doubters should have paid attention at school or put some figures into chairgun, just because somethings hard or you cant do it doesnt make it impossible or faked.

Why dosnt this get put to bed with a good old fashioned shoot out! Doers versus doubters
    Perhaps as a group of hobbyists we have a tendency to worry to much about nothing sometimes? bigtoe

well i still have my protarget mk 3 and ok not 200 yard but i do find standard knockdown targets at 100 yds not too difficult and yes they still go down at that rannge and the scope ?my trusty old simmons mag 44 this was my ft gun back in the day which won me many trophies at the club and it will still do the job today although i no longer shoot competition so long range with sub 12 ftlb is quite possible will have to try 200 yds to see where i have to aim!and to this lady i say well done as she puts many of us to shame!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

200 yards

...sounds a bit close for a springer, I guess it's more of a challenge with those fernickety PCPs...

With my Weihrauch HW100KS (.22) I can hit a target at 70 yards with correct elevation. But I guess it must be possible eh? She did it!
    Air rifles owned:- Weihrauch HW90K Carbine... Weihrauch HW100KS.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter259 View Post
    Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear
    How many more simpletons are we going to have to put up with in this thread?????? .Try reading some interesting facts instead of listening to your mates at the local club
    I'm sure if there was any wind then Emma would have allowed for it when setting the scope,and if the breeze had of been too stiff she would have chosen another day to film the shot.
    Jeez the stupidity of some people just beats the shit out of me sometimes
    There's some competition for the Darwin awards this year I feel.
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]

I just feel sorry for those people afflicted by the "green eyed monster".
    Just because they can't do something; they have to assume it's impossible for everyone else too.
    Sad people indeed.

secretagentmole Guest
    I target shoot .177 to 70 metres on still days! I can't understand the nay sayers!

whoever reported her to the police should take themselves into a quiet darkened room and SLAP themselves repeatedly!
    This lady has helped hundreds of people over the years with advice on NV cam set-ups etc,she is an honest upstanding member of our sport and for some jealous scumbag to phone the police and report her.... she is a huge benefit to our sport,and you sir are a complete ARSE!

200 yards with a.22lr rifle

wow, there are a lot of comments about this subject. I was at the Spring into action weekend and I was watching someone shooting a .22 rimfire at 200 yards, when the target went down after 10 rounds, he had made no score. To be fair, it was windy, but he was unable to correct his aim for the second string. I had to go shoot my own comp so I missed his further adventures, but from the effing & jeffing I could hear, I feel his struggle continued!! I can't imagine 200 yds with a 12 ft/lb rifle, but it proves that certain people rise to the challenge, no matter how difficult.

well i believe it is well possible this guy obviously dose http://youtu.be/u3BUnHiv6AA
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

Your turning your Air rifle into more of a Air mortar at these ranges lol
    Weihrauch HW100KT .22 - A/A Superlite S410 hunter .177 - Webley and Scott Tracker .22 springer

Jeez, what is it with some people? A, you should not judge people by your own standards and B, I think the real problem is male egotism! They cannot believe a woman could be capable of using a gun, my better half could shoot the nads of a flea at a hundred yards.