Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Outstandingly Beautiful North Wales (near Mold)
    I think you should start the "C200C" Emma.

Anyone who hits a can at 200 yards using a sub 12 ft lb airgun (verified of course) could then become a member of the Cubleycat200Club.....

I shall be trying for membership when the wind is still enough - but don't hold your breath 'cos I bet this feat is harder than you make it look!

Cheers,
    Ian

... thing is that there's no point at that range if you cant hit

Cubleycat i know how it is to make something and not be believed ! I was tired to hear that my groups are fake to other forums around the world , but not here in bbs. Thats why i like that place ! Enjoy your shooting and your rifles !

Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    Cubleycat i know how it is to make something and not be believed ! I was tired to hear that my groups are fake to other forums around the world , but not here in bbs. Thats why i like that place ! Enjoy your shooting and your rifles !
    Yeah I have found here (airgunbbs) is a place full of believers not big cry babies who just say "not possible, you are lying etc" you are willing to give things a go rather than just say no not possible. The guy who called the police (many know who you are!! you big baby, grow up) is not best liked now, he has only damaged the already shakey name of air gunning. its people like him who will get air gunning banded.

Big thanks to all my friends (thats everyone here ) on airgunbbs for supporting me

PS I was having big trouble with my groupings once, just couldnt get them tight not matter what and was begging to think people were exaggerating about how tight groups could be but I bought a new HW100 when the cops took my original one (later to be P/Xed in) and now this one is spot on, so something good came out of the trouble LOL.
    Last edited by cubleycat; 13-04-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling

How do you film it all through the scope?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, but how do you set up a videocamera to produce such a good picture down the scope? Just clamp it on somehow and use the camera screen as the sight? I have seen a few posts on here showing pictures taken through the scope. I don't seem to be able to get it right!
    Perhaps you could post a photo of the set-up?
    Cheers,
    Mike

good on you girl,ive only got respect for you im new to shooting and id love to be able to shoot like that one day,nosey dog walkers and troublesome neighbours are a air rifles worst enemies

Quote Originally Posted by sxtx View Post
    better practice as i have hard time past 50 yards
    HI , I can get a reasonable group at 100yds with the s200 but it has to be dead still wind wise as it's only a .177, my groups average about 5 1/2 inches my bsa ultra in .22 does a lot better and groups around the three inch mark, i think it's the weight of the pellet that makes the difference. both are sub 12ft lbs. In the .177 i found the lighter the pellet the faster it goes the better the group. the strange thing is though that at 50yds both rifles group very well at about 1/2

All the best, Monty.

heavy pellet in the .177

Hi Monty try a heavy pellet in the .177 to see if it groups any better at long range The wind is an absolute killer of accurate shots though

ATB
    Emma

good shooting

Yeah ive watched them too, clubbycat presents too much information in the video that cant be faked and still they are doubters ?

What does it take for some people to just take it as possible ?

If anyone doubts it, do the same and find out i say

great vids and shooting cubbycat

I agree with all the previous posts - great shooting and brilliant for the sport as a whole. Well done Emma.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing would be possible with a carbine? General consensus seems to be there's no difference in accuracy between a carbine and full length gun - but at this range presumably it would?

Cheers all

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by tucker31 View Post
    I agree with all the previous posts - great shooting and brilliant for the sport as a whole. Well done Emma.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing would be possible with a carbine? General consensus seems to be there's no difference in accuracy between a carbine and full length gun - but at this range presumably it would?

Cheers all

Sam
    yes very possible,i have shot cans at 156mts away with my Thoeben fenman .22 sub 12ft/lb and it has a 7" anschutz break barrel & like Emma i packed the back of the scope and a super calm day,go for it
    Right then....time for another cuppa

Hi all,well this will be my first reply on here after my introduction and i have to say i have used my sub 12ft/lb fenman .22 (7" barrel)with AA diabolo pellets out to 87 mts at cans measured with a tape this after zeroing the scope was quite easy then a few months later i pushed it to 156mts give or take a mtr or so on another very calm day,i packed my scope up at the back approx 5mm with plastic shims and used 14grn H&N FTT pellets and selected the good ones although i have no scales,now i got the hits but it was not easy and took me many shots to get my zero as the ground was damp and could not spot the misses from dust kick up and also had no real mildot reference as i needed more elevation than i had available on the turrets :/,the only person i had to prove this too is myself as the low power does frustrate me and i did not think it could be done but to my surprise it can be done but patience, skill a good quality rifle and pellets are needed,if you doubt these shots then i can reccomend if you have the range on your permission to give it a go yourself,if you dont push the bounderies you wont go any further
    Right then....time for another cuppa

career707lover is offline His one man drag act at the dog and duck sells out every friday
    I'd be willing to bet quite a bit of dough that it was someone from this site that grassed her up.