Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    can i just ask,shooting the bottles on the sheet,your aim point seemed not to be consistant on where the bottles appeared to break????

she must be aiming at the moon the rate a pellet drops after 40 yards!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerx2000 View Post
    she must be aiming at the moon the rate a pellet drops after 40 yards!
    Only if the Moon is about 2 degrees above the horizon.

(2.tanx600= 21 ft, which is roughly the required holdover).

Or 6.1 Degrees if my maths is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Digi View Post
    Or 6.1 Degrees if my maths is correct.
    You got me thinking, I think my maths is ok.

Distance is 200 yards=600ft
    Drop is approximately=21ft, so in a right angled triangle the 600 is the Adjacent, and the 21 is the Opposite side.

Tan = Opp/Adj or 21/600 = 0.035 then hit (tan -1) on your calculator gives you 2 degrees (and some change).

I stand to be corrected...

Cublycat and S400

I saw your video about your AA S400 Classic and thought you to be a genuine person
    and you helped me decide to buy one! I'm glad to see you enjoy different aspects of airgun shooting. When the weather clears I am going to try long range shooting with my S400 .22 (just for fun) . It will be interesting. I have a four acre field , a plastic chair and a small table and a post ready to bang into the ground to hang a target on. I've already hit a ten inch x 30 ft. post at around 150 yds. Just got to fine tune a bit!!
    That was with a springer. My S400 is sub 12Ft. lbs. by the way. I don't think I'll get
    any further with .22 though. Mick. I might add that all I proved was that you can hit something from 100 plus yds. away,it was ,for me, just guess work as to how high to aim! I'm going to start at 50 yds. and slowly increase the distance.
    Last edited by Mick G; 11-02-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick G View Post
    I saw your video about your AA S400 Classic and thought you to be a genuine person
    and you helped me decide to buy one! I'm glad to see you enjoy different aspects of airgun shooting. When the weather clears I am going to try long range shooting with my S400 .22 (just for fun) . It will be interesting. I have a four acre field , a plastic chair and a small table and a post ready to bang into the ground to hang a target on. I've already hit a ten inch x 30 ft. post at around 150 yds. Just got to fine tune a bit!!
    That was with a springer. My S400 is sub 12Ft. lbs. by the way. I don't think I'll get
    any further with .22 though. Mick.
    I might add that all I proved was that you can hit something from 100 plus yds. away,it was ,for me, just guess work as to how high to aim! I'm going to start at 50 yds. and slowly increase the distance.
    Hello Mick,

You'll be surprised how far out you can get and what you can still hit when you get out there, even with a sub-12 .22 springer...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....78#post4716478

That is if you put your mind (and time) to it...

In reality though, 200 yards is too far with a .22 springer for anything other than a one off to say you've done it; and in my experience I've found that anything beyond 140 is just too reliant on luck for a hit. 100-140 yards at empty beers tins however is consistent enough to be a sporting and satisfying challenge, especially when shot standing/off hand... just make sure it's not windy when you try!

Great shooting ...

If I had a hat on, I'd take it off to you.

I can't verify the ability to pierce a tin can at 200m, but the elevation and approximate time to target is all right. Because I knew I probably wouldn't be able to hit the bl00dy can before running out of pellets (even on a windless day), I set up a 1m square card-on-wood target behind them, just so I could see where I was landing. They weren't as far off as I thought, were reasonably grouped (all but two of the 20 pellets landed on the 1m square, most within a 45cm area), and had sufficient velocity to embed into the pine a bit.

All with an old-skool BSA .22 springer.

Awesome shooting ...one day for me ....maybe lol
    Language is the source of all misunderstandings

In the office so no utubing for me sadly but I'll be sure to check the videos out once I get home .

The Long Ranger

I shot on the 100 yard range at my club a while back with my sub 12ft lb. Needed an elevation of about two feet or so (and that was a .22 Pro Sport) but still accurate and going fast. We regularly shoot at 85 yards on the FT range as well. On that basis if I was asked 'true or false', I would say 'true'...
    El-bow, the Spanish Archer

good shooting, great videos.
    meself i love shooting but hate killing so i dont hunt, as such i understand completely why anyone should want to pursue the long range thing that cubleycat has so effectively, or any other form of airgun sport. it says a hell of a lot for the rifle as well as her skill too, must be incredibly consistent.

Perfectly Capable!

With lots of elevation and steady aim - EASY. Its surprising though how much the pellet can drop off - I shot an egg at 80yds and got it first shot by turning the turret to my 55yd setting and allowing 4 inches of wind and 2 mill-dots at 10x - but to get the shot steady i had to go prone

Well Done cubleycat But next time try it standing

Cheers Chris

How far will a .22 go on 12ft/lbs ?

Quote Originally Posted by benking View Post
    How far will a .22 go on 12ft/lbs ?
    According to Chairgun ~ 450m (@ a muzzle angle of 28 degrees and retaining ~0.8 FtLbf) Which is still probably enough to knock a coke can over