Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

200m

May be it is possible for the pellet to reach 200m but what the accuracy will be like?

Quote Originally Posted by sceip1 View Post
    May be it is possible for the pellet to reach 200m but what the accuracy will be like?
    Oh do keep up!

In summary, not exactly brilliant, but in either .22 or .177 given a bit of practise and skill you can group inside a sheet of A4 in calm conditions... and yes I've done it... many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post
    Oh do keep up!

In summary, not exactly brilliant, but in either .22 or .177 given a bit of practise and skill you can group inside a sheet of A4 in calm conditions... and yes I've done it... many times.
    put it this way.... dear all non believers ask yourself this would you let someone shoot you in the bare a** cheek at 200 yds?

yours sincerely
    Theoben Evolution .177 / Nikko Stirling mount master 6x40AO

Just got back into target shooting after a 4 year break. I did some long range with .177 at 100yds using my EV2/Leup comp series and my Zenith/Leup comp series. I could consistently get sub 60 mil groups, and one some occasions get sub 45mm groups, my best group was 32mm CTC with the EV2 all 5 shot groups. I take my hat to this lady as I know how difficult it is to set up, just get out there and have a go, I know I will be doing again.

All the best. Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by sceip1 View Post
    It could be very good, surprisingly.

I have shot out to 70 yards frequently and when calm enlarged one hole groups are possible.
    At Shepreth not long ago, there was a side shoot - 5 shots for a quid - at a knockdown at an unknown range (95 yards I was told later) in dead calm conditions. I ranged it at 100 yards.

I extrapolated from my 70 yard mark, 1st shot hit the pole, another 1/2 mildot - hit the base, another 1/2 mildot, clean hit in the 40mm kill, target went down.
    Sure there is a lot of luck involved, but this was at 10x mag, 7.9 grn JSB, 11.34 ft/lbs.

I would feel confident of achieving groups inside an A4 paper at 200 yards, given calm conditions if they ever happen again in the UK, that is

ive just spent nearly half hour reading this thread. im now thinking about trying 100m with my stealth as its a .22 im not sure if it would hit 200m. welll done lady cat for giving me a new challenge. ive just looked thru about half a dozen manuals for my rifles and most say range up to 350 to 550 in .22 and my xs38 .22 manual says 1000yards lol gonna watch the vids now.

KarmaMechanic Guest

100 yard possible

We shoot a 100 yard competition for air rifle at my club. The winner this year shot a possible.

I can't see how hitting a can at 200 yards shouldn't be out of reach - I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

off to you tube right now - I wanna see this, sounds awesome!!

I can't believe some fag rang the cops like that is very petty they need to have a stern word with their self in the mirror
    Theoben Evolution .177 / Nikko Stirling mount master 6x40AO

Smile long range

great shooting this is not imposable its just great skill cant understand why people doubt it probally do 250 meters if aimed high enough as for the cans are more like paper today not like years ago bazz41

Brilliant shooting cubbleycat.

Really impressive.

Liam

Quote Originally Posted by baz41 View Post
    great shooting this is not imposable its just great skill cant understand why people doubt it probally do 250 meters if aimed high enough as for the cans are more like paper today not like years ago bazz41
    completely agree, all you have to do is aim higher and higher until you hit, and packing the rear scope ring on the base will easily make further distances capable within the reticle. just make sure you add the packing in the centre so that the scope is central other wise it causes havok.

we're only up to mid 100-150 yards but thats with a .22, don't accuse people of it being fake until you have proof.

atb
    tom

im waiting on the perfect day to push my sub 12 as far as possible,just it could be a long wait the way the weather is going lol but i did one the other day but only 75yds
    http://youtu.be/G3o6H0an7s0

I reckon if i was on a high enough platform i could throw a stone 200 yds........aslong as the platform was 200 yds high.

WOW!!

In one word - Brilliant!

They are some great shots and from a verified source!!

Miss Cat should be the envy of us all (maybe thats why some seem to think it's fake/illegal!)

More of us should try to push our skills. BUT never on live quarry!! For that I'll never take a shot past 40yards.
    Keep up the good work Mods/Admin!