Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

well i just joined this forum so hi all, and one of the first post i read was this one i have been shooting for years and have to say that Cublycat puts 99.999% of us to shame well done girl its nice to see women enjoying the sport and to see one that can shoot this well is great i cant believe that there are people out there who question her ability and can only presume it must be down to jealousy
    keep up the good work girl and i look forward to looking at your other vids on the tube

best regards
    Andy
    Gamo Phox .22
    BSA Lightning SE GRT .22
    tuned XS78 .22

well i just joined this forum so hi all, and one of the first post i read was this one i have been shooting for years and have to say that Cublycat puts 99.999% of us to shame well done girl its nice to see women enjoying the sport and to see one that can shoot this well is great i cant believe that there are people out there who question her ability and can only presume it must be down to jealousy
    keep up the good work girl and i look forward to looking at your other vids on the tube

best regards
    Andy
    Gamo Phox .22
    BSA Lightning SE GRT .22
    tuned XS78 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot09 View Post
    im 15. and not specifically a good shooter and because of cubley cats 100 yard video it inspired me to try and after a few shots i hit a coke bottle at 100 yards and then could reguarly hit when i knew were to aim. and i used 177. hw100tk. and was suprised how loud it was when the pellet hit the bottle. and what power it still carried. not one bit of me doubts that video. in fact il be trying it myself aswel
    Welcome to the forum Talbot09, I hope you have lots of fun shooting, keep it safe and good luck with the 200yard shot

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

best regards
    Andy
    Thanks Andy, I hope you enjoy the other videos.

... thing is that there's no point at that range if you cant hit

Cubleycat i know how it is to make something and not be believed ! I was tired to hear that my groups are fake to other forums around the world , but not here in bbs. Thats why i like that place ! Enjoy your shooting and your rifles !

Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    Cubleycat i know how it is to make something and not be believed ! I was tired to hear that my groups are fake to other forums around the world , but not here in bbs. Thats why i like that place ! Enjoy your shooting and your rifles !
    Yeah I have found here (airgunbbs) is a place full of believers not big cry babies who just say "not possible, you are lying etc" you are willing to give things a go rather than just say no not possible. The guy who called the police (many know who you are!! you big baby, grow up) is not best liked now, he has only damaged the already shakey name of air gunning. its people like him who will get air gunning banded.

Big thanks to all my friends (thats everyone here ) on airgunbbs for supporting me

PS I was having big trouble with my groupings once, just couldnt get them tight not matter what and was begging to think people were exaggerating about how tight groups could be but I bought a new HW100 when the cops took my original one (later to be P/Xed in) and now this one is spot on, so something good came out of the trouble LOL.
    Last edited by cubleycat; 13-04-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling

How do you film it all through the scope?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, but how do you set up a videocamera to produce such a good picture down the scope? Just clamp it on somehow and use the camera screen as the sight? I have seen a few posts on here showing pictures taken through the scope. I don't seem to be able to get it right!
    Perhaps you could post a photo of the set-up?
    Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, but how do you set up a videocamera to produce such a good picture down the scope? Just clamp it on somehow and use the camera screen as the sight? I have seen a few posts on here showing pictures taken through the scope. I don't seem to be able to get it right!
    Perhaps you could post a photo of the set-up?
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Hi severnsider, heres how I do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n_U-ia8--Y but I understand that its common to use plumbers pipe bits search the forum for "dsa" day scope adaptor, the guys on bbs do it that way

Thanks for your help. I'll have a go at this some time.
    All the best,
    Mike

My PS for now is at 845fps with 7.9gr pellets. Thats 12,5ftlbs. I make shots today afternoon at a field that a tractor has make it like Sahara so i can see the4 pellet when hitting the ground. I measure the distances with the range finder and was 185m. I did not slim the scope just put it in x6 and all the way up the turret and the hit is was visible down down the view ! You can make targeting for sure calm days in cans ! Congrats cat !

Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    My PS for now is at 845fps with 7.9gr pellets. Thats 12,5ftlbs. I make shots today afternoon at a field that a tractor has make it like Sahara so i can see the4 pellet when hitting the ground. I measure the distances with the range finder and was 185m. I did not slim the scope just put it in x6 and all the way up the turret and the hit is was visible down down the view ! You can make targeting for sure calm days in cans ! Congrats cat !
    Hi Xristos well done

Hi, just to say would love to be able to shoot my HW100 out to 200yd but don't have access at the moment to land that would offer this range, as amember of a small bore rifle club 100yd range is not a problem. I tried this tonight and was surprised at a drop of 23" from a 50yd zero, The question is how much more of a drop will it be out to 200yd and do you have to pack the mounts up to get the elevation, I am using an EB Optimate 6-24 x 42 scope on full 24 mag, any advice on pellet choice for this type of long range shooting would also be off help. I was using AA fields and managed to get all of the shots in a 3.5" group is this good enough to try for 200yd or should I try and get the 100yd group a bit tighter. I have watched some of your vids and they are very informitive and well worth the effort you put in as it is all good sound advice.

All the best

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

Hi Ian cubleycat here (the old who started all this 200yard thing . when I did the shot I had to pack the rear of the scope with about 4mm of card board. I set up roughly by putting a target at a distance of 10meters and had the point of impact 310mm about the aim point, so that equates to a lot of hold over. the best sort of pellets I would say the air arms, jsb exact or the best for carrying the energy was a daystate rangemaster. good luck from Emma.

My garden is 125yards long so been having some fun with the long range stuff for a while.

I've found Chairgun to give very good estimates out to these ranges.

Using Chairgun with a 50 yard zero, (JSB 8.44gn pellets at 770 fps), the drop at 200 yards is a wopping 230inches, or 19 feet. Hence the need for some serious packing of the rear mount.

Cubleycats 310mm at 10m would equal approximately 223 inches at 200 yards, so a nice coorelation again with CG. (310mm=12.2"/10m. 200yds=183m. 12.2"x18.3 = 223").

Even at 125 yards I can't use my Mk3 because its not possible to pack the mount enough that on lowest mag (8x) the target is visible.

I've been using a DS Mk4 with a scope (Tasco 2.5-10x44) set to 5x mag and as long as the wind allows my baked bean tin takes a beating. At this range the pellets easily penetrate the tin.