Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 200m with a 12ft/lbs .177 HW100?

Omg

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    My garden is 125yards long so been having some fun with the long range stuff for a while.

I've found Chairgun to give very good estimates out to these ranges.

Using Chairgun with a 50 yard zero, (JSB 8.44gn pellets at 770 fps), the drop at 200 yards is a wopping 230inches, or 19 feet. Hence the need for some serious packing of the rear mount.

Cubleycats 310mm at 10m would equal approximately 223 inches at 200 yards, so a nice coorelation again with CG. (310mm=12.2"/10m. 200yds=183m. 12.2"x18.3 = 223").

Even at 125 yards I can't use my Mk3 because its not possible to pack the mount enough that on lowest mag (8x) the target is visible.

Wow is great to see some figures down on paper, nice work 18 Wheeler

I've been using a DS Mk4 with a scope (Tasco 2.5-10x44) set to 5x mag and as long as the wind allows my baked bean tin takes a beating. At this range the pellets easily penetrate the tin.
    Wow is great to see some figures down on paper, nice work 18 Wheeler
    (from the one who started this insane long distance shooting that has caused some heated debates in the past but now there is proof it is possible LOL)

For the non-believers. If you can't accept that this is 200 yards, why not time it? You can see/hear the gun fire and then the tin fall, 200yards will take the pellet almost exactly 1.5 seconds. Simples.

At home in a broadband desert today so I've not tried this yet. Might convince a few doubters.

Cublecat.
    Just watched some of your Youtube footage.
    Very impressive shooting.

Well done Cubleycat

Hi Emma,
    Iv'e been watching your vids even before i read these posts. Not been doing pcp shooting long, but even at the modest ranges i shoot at it's becoming addictive, (chalk discs @ 30-40 metres.)
    I spend most of my recreational cash on clay shooting but i'm sure going to get into informal target shooting with my Webley Axsor more from now on.
    Keep them vids coming, top entertainment & very informative.

Neil.

Traded the Webley in for a HW100s.
    Last edited by buckshot100; 12-06-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Its easily possible for a sub 12 ft/lb gun to lob a pellet 200+ yds. What is not so easy is to hit what you're aiming for! Brilliant shooting.

To those who doubt the residual power, why don't you volunteer to hold the tin can for Emma?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Its easily possible for a sub 12 ft/lb gun to lob a pellet 200+ yds. What is not so easy is to hit what you're aiming for! Brilliant shooting.

To those who doubt the residual power, why don't you volunteer to hold the tin can for Emma?
    well said lol ,cracking shooting have just rewatched your vid, good on you
    hw97k.22 logun solo.22

A quick play with Chairgun would give any doubters all the info they need.

An 800 ft/sec .177 8.4gr pellet (11.94 ft/lbs) would need 250 inches of holdover (with a 35 yard zero) - that's 7 yards!

At the 200 yard point, the pellet would still be moving at around 200 ft/sec and still hold 1 ft/lb of energy. That's GAT gun or airsoft territory (or my Westlake springer pistol 1 inch from the muzzle ). Enough to dent a can for sure.

Chris
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Some very impressive shooting.

good on you girl,ive only got respect for you im new to shooting and id love to be able to shoot like that one day,nosey dog walkers and troublesome neighbours are a air rifles worst enemies

cubleycat is legit and a great shooter, i have watched all her vids

please make some more videos emma, it's been ages and they are excellent thank you for making them

Accurate shooting there great vids !

top shot , great vids.

Nick
    Welcome To Reality The Year of The Diamond Dogs

Good shooting...cant believe the haters!

I agree with all the previous posts - great shooting and brilliant for the sport as a whole. Well done Emma.

Does anyone know if this sort of thing would be possible with a carbine? General consensus seems to be there's no difference in accuracy between a carbine and full length gun - but at this range presumably it would?

Cheers all

Sam

Hi all,well this will be my first reply on here after my introduction and i have to say i have used my sub 12ft/lb fenman .22 (7" barrel)with AA diabolo pellets out to 87 mts at cans measured with a tape this after zeroing the scope was quite easy then a few months later i pushed it to 156mts give or take a mtr or so on another very calm day,i packed my scope up at the back approx 5mm with plastic shims and used 14grn H&N FTT pellets and selected the good ones although i have no scales,now i got the hits but it was not easy and took me many shots to get my zero as the ground was damp and could not spot the misses from dust kick up and also had no real mildot reference as i needed more elevation than i had available on the turrets :/,the only person i had to prove this too is myself as the low power does frustrate me and i did not think it could be done but to my surprise it can be done but patience, skill a good quality rifle and pellets are needed,if you doubt these shots then i can reccomend if you have the range on your permission to give it a go yourself,if you dont push the bounderies you wont go any further
    Right then....time for another cuppa