Thread: BSA International MK2 Front sight Elements

BSA International MK2 Front sight Elements

I have only one element for the front sight of my BSA International MK2 the sight is a PH1 sight.
    I trying to find where I might get some replacement elements I have tried John Knibb's Classic Rifles & Fultons at Bisley and Chambers Gunsmiths and none of them have any.
    Does anyone know where I can purchase any from?

What is the diameter of the elements? If they are the smaller than the normal 18mm fitted to moderen guns then you won't find any new. I may have some from an old Sportsman 5 that I have and could maybe let you have a couple. The problem with the older elements is that in general the holes are very small and the rings overly thick. At least this dose give you plenty of room to have the holes reamed out to something more suitable.

Alan

BigAl

Hi Alan.
    I have 6 elements [yellow plastic] they mic up at 17mm,do you think they would be of use,they are probabaly for an Anschutz.
    Regards John F.

John, just heard from the OP, his are the old style 14mm that came with the 1950's vintage sights. I have a couple of spare that he can use, although he will need to get them opened up a bit as they are all very small sizes compared to what is used these days, they are mostly under 3.5mm diameter. The standard Anschutz OD size is 18mm (nominal) and that is also used by Gehman and most of the other independant makers. Some of the more modern tunnels are now 22mm (nominal) to allow a wider field of view, so you can see the wind flags.

Alan

Have a look on fleabay in Parker Hale . what type did you want .
    I havent tried it yet but you can make them in clear plastic , shamfer the edge of the centre hole and it appears as a dark ring , you need a way to turn them a small lathe of some type . If I get it sorted I will let you know . I do have some but not many spares which may be suitable to you .
    You must be near me if you want to come and have a look some time .

Dave