Quote Originally Posted by The_Caretaker View Post
Well i have always had the MTC range as my main scopes and still have 2, one on my wolf the other on my S10 Bull Barrel but i have to say i have never used the illuminated reticule and have always hated the high Turrets! and didn't really like the 30mm tube (why did I buy them) you may well ask! they are great scopes for the money and have never let me down! but they have always been on the heavy side, but have always been a good scope.
That was until I read this review and it has given me all that i wanted! a Great review, from someone who can be trusted to be independant, about a scope that answers all my questions
1. heavy = No!
2. High turrets = No!
3. 30mm tube = No!

Bought one on the strength of this brilliant and very comprehensive review = YES!
Thanks Mr Kwiky
And i got mine for £134 posted from Optics Wharehouse
Is that the 3-12x44 or 4-16x50 model mate? I will be buying one of these on payday next week but would be interested to hear what the closest focus range is on the respective models, and what the FOV is like on the lowest mag?

I currently have a Tasco Titan on my HW80 and with mag of 1.5-6x it's brilliant for close up work but I'm struggling with pinpoint accuracy over 30 yards. Ideally I'd like something which still has a decent wide FOV (I know 3x won't give the same as the Titan on its lowest setting but I can cope with that) for close stuff but a bit more mag too for longer range squirrels, and bright optics are paramount. This Mamba sounds perfect being lighter than the 30mm tube version, so your views on my above question would be appreciated.

Cheers
Paul