Thread: MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44 SCB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very nice review Mr kwiky, cant wait for the field test

mark

Hi mate,
    Don't suppose you've tried NV addon with this scope have you?

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark410 View Post
    Hi mate,
    Don't suppose you've tried NV addon with this scope have you?

Mark.
    hes just gone out ratting mate, so he will update when he gets back home

mark

well i had it out for a few hours last night, what a great scope, its very light, compared to the viper i used to have you dont know its on the gun, i dont know if that has something to do with the lack of huge turrets sticking out fooling me into thinking its lighter than it really is or what, but it doesnt slow the handling of the gun down at all,

i used it with my yukon nvmt nv add on and it pretty much doubled the range i could see compared to the nikko sterling i had on before, these lenses are seriously good, in the past i was limited to around 50 yards but with the mamaba i could see rabbits at a tad over 100 yards. its like i bought a whole new nightvision unit.

the depth of feild seems very good aswell, usually with nv you have to constantly adjust the PA to get a clear image and anything outside of that even by a few yards is a blur, not so with the mamba, i found i could set it to 10 yards and see very clearly from 5 to 15 yards without any need to adjust the sidewheel which is a real bonus for ratting.

its night time performance has far exceeded my expectations, now for the daytime.....

im off out now to give it a thorough testing to see how it scores in daylight use. i'll update the thread when i return.

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    This latest MTC scope sounds like another cracker. I was considering the new 2.5-10x50 (30mm tube) Mamba for my HW80 but to be honest this might be a better option in view of the lighter weight.

Are they going to be available with the 4a ret?
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

i enquired about the 4a when i was thinking of buying the scope and from what i gathered they are SCB only but im not sure about any future plans...

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_kwiky View Post
    i enquired about the 4a when i was thinking of buying the scope and from what i gathered they are SCB only but im not sure about any future plans...
    Cheers Kwiky, I thought that might be the case. I still like the SCB ret so wouldn't rule it out though, especially as this version seems to work well with NV add-on which the IR Mamba isn't as well suited to.

Good review anyway mate.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd