right, another quick update,

ive been out today for a wander round my shoot to check on the scope daytime performance, its similar to its night time performance in that it is just a super clear sight picture, picking out detail on very distant objects is easy and the thin SCB ret makes aiming very precise as it doesnt obsure your target like some thicker reticles often do,
i havent experienced any of the 'whiting out' you sometimes hear mentioned with the vipers even when i was actively trying to get it to, looking into the light, away from the light, moving my head around, nothing made it happen.

the sight picture is a very natural colour which i find helps me to correlate what im seeing with just my eyes, to what im seeing when i raise the rifle and look through the scope, often if you see a tiny bit of movement that is partially obscured by bushes or branches and the scope you look through shows a different shade it can be somewhat confusing and hard to know exactly where you should be looking, any time wasted trying to figure that out could cost you the kill so that ranks pretty high on my list of priorities for a good hunting scope.

i'll end my review by saying overall im very happy with my purchase, everything on the scope works as it should, all moving parts do their job very smoothly, the zoom and PA rings seem to glide round with no hint of stiffness or any grinding. the turrets turn smoothly with positive clicks so its easy to know exactly how much adjustment your making.

if your a no nonsense sort of hunter who can live without target turrets and illumited reticles and the added weight they bring but what very bright optics and a good build quality without having to remortgage your house then this could be the scope for you.

kwiky