Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MTC Mamba Lite 3-12x44 SCB

Quote Originally Posted by nemo1966 View Post
    I'm sorry but I found the mtc mamba lite 4-16x44 a very poor scope. Compared to a Bushnell legend it has absolutely rubbish optics. Ok the "bling" was nice (the scope covers and low turrets)... but honestly mine lasted 3 weeks.
    I know of about 10 people that bought them off the back of this review on here and verminhunter forum and so far not one of them has been unhappy with their scope, maybe you got a duff one.

i got mine off daystate & reading about it off this forum & a few others, but like all man made things it life some of them do go wrong.

& you only really hear about the faulty ones, as thats life for you.

i would buy another mtc anyday !, infact i am looking into the connect however hope they are going to do a nice 4-16 one soon.

but saying that is it good for hft coures ?, as my mamba is on the mtc rated x10 & i can shot fine with it ( well mt standards anyways ).

Not sure that there aren't any agendas on here too mate!

ATB

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
    No doubt you contacted MTC & reported the problem? Then of course you would know just how good their after sales service is?

ATB

Ken
    Reported the problem???

So I would ring them up and say - your optics are terrible and they would say what???? OK sir we will completely redesign the scope with decent optics and then send you a replacement......

Better methinks to just buy a decent scope in the first place.

And whats all this "agenda" rubbish? The only agenda I have is getting a scope that has fairly decent glass. That said the Legend isn't what you would call a World beater - but it kicks the MTC mamba lite into touch.

I have one of these. For me the reticle is superb and the built-in lens covers and low turrets are great. However, the glass seems no better than some other similarly-priced 'scopes that I have so I was a little disappointed after having read all the "fantastic" reviews on here. I did discuss the matter with Sammie, and was able to meet up with Gary too (he was kind enough to spend some time with me looking through the 'scope and comparing it against another one). There's nothing wrong with the MTC service - I just think that I was expecting a little too much from a modestly-priced 'scope. While it is fairly easy to have a look through a variety of 'scopes at most gunshops, the MTC products do not seem to be commonly-stocked items. I'm quite keen to try a fixed-mag Viper but really would like to be able to look through one in an appropriate environment before buying. For me this will involve a long round trip, as I'm not willing to rely too greatly on "reviews" posted by people with (probably) better eyesight than me!

Hi Nemo

Severnsider did ring MTC & that's what I would have done too. What you would have said would have been up to you. But you would have been listened to & further action taken should it have been necessary. How do I know this? because I had an occassion to call on MTC's customer service & it was better than the best!

But you didn't, you sold the 'scope & bought another that suited you more. I've no problems with that either...it's your eyes & your money!

The comment I made wasn't directed at you.....if it had been I'd have said that.

Have a great weekend

ATB

Ken

Mamba lite vs Legend

I just got a mamba lite 4-16 for my .22lr. I have a Bushnell Legend 5-15 x 40 on my .17 HMR and with a direct comparison I have to say the legend is a superior scope optically. I see that bushnell have re-introduced the legend and the new retial price is £399. I payed £150 and £175 for the legends that I bought new from sportsmansguncentre (about a year between them) which makes me think that those of us that got them for this price should count ourselves lucky! However the mamba lite seems to be a nice scope with good features, particularly the side wheel px.

I have a nikko stirling nighteater 4-16x44 on my HW100 and i'm considering a mamba lite for my daystate mk3, can anyone tell me how the mamba lite compares to the nighteater please.

mamba lite 4-16x44

just to let you all know that i recieved my mamba lite in the post yesterday... and first impressions I'M IPRESSED... but other than that i wanted to let you all know of an APP that i found for my android phone... its called STRELOK and its a ballistic calculator.... i have yet to field test... but on first impressions it looks amazing... the two selling points for me.. one it give you reticule pictures with expected yards on it, and it has the SCB reticule from MTC OPTICS on there(besides many others..) check out this link
    https://market.android.com/details?i...LnN0cmVsb2siXQ..

and secondly it was free....

i'm really looking forward to using it in conjunction with my new scope...( time to start saving for another lite for my second rifle)

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Do the turrets click in and out to lock/unlock on this model?

Cheers
    Garry

They are slimline capped type so no need to lock. As per traditional turrets,not target turrets.
    They are the same on a standard Mamba too.
    BASC

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Ok, thanks.