Thread: one for the pellet collectors

one for the pellet collectors

hi all i was having a root round at the back of the wardrobe and came across the following;
    1 box Webley .177 specials no1 bore unopened little green box
    2 boxes Nato bullets unopened white box
    1 box The Prince air rifle slugs unopened little white box
    1 box Bulldog no1 cal unopened green box
    2 packets Gat .22 darts
    2 tins Webley special waisted orange tin .22 with gift vouchers for badge both full tins
    2 tins BSA pylarm .22 orange and blue wording on black back ground both full tins with original sellotape
    unfortunately i cannot post/send pics at the minute so any guesses as to approx value will be appreciated
    they will be for sale on a different sales thread
    thanks for looking Graham

edbear2 Guest
    HI Mate.......this is my general feeling, and It is going to be a bit complicated. I collect, buy and sell tins and packets, and prices seem to be strong at the moment....by this I mean auction prices both on-line, and at auction houses.

That said, I have seen two identical tins go for a difference of nearly 300% in value in the last month..granted, some of that may have been to items finishing at different times of the day, but that usually does not affect the value if it is a rare tin....you just have to accept that a Webley oblong tin say, which normally goes for £12, may one day only fetch £8, then for no reason apparent, will sell for £25 a few days later!!!......If you go to TJ Macavoy's website, they still have links to tins they were selling, several of which were like yours....their prices seemed quite high, but the tins sold pretty fast!.....I can give you my opinion only, based on monitoring auction sites and other places quite regularly ......I follow all auctions, even of items I don't want to buy, just to keep abreast of things......so my valuations will have quite a spread, reflecting what I have seen recently.

Webley "small green"......if the oblong one, with correct red sealing tape...a nice, highly collectable tin...14-25+
    (if it has weaman street in the address, double the above!)

Nato bullets..no accurate idea, as they are a bit recent for me, I did sell some online a while back, and a tub fetched about £13.

Prince......depends on size....200.....£3-6......500.....£5-8

Bulldog.....need more info, these are a long running pellet, started in the 1930's with a very colourful box, which makes v.good money......would like to see pic.......50's and 60's boxes up to £10, but have not seen a green one!

Gat.......sorry, can't help with darts, not my thing, but would guess at £2-3 each.

Webley special orange.....I am assuming these are round orange and white tins, and not oblong in the style of your first tin........these normally sell well, plus the voucher is nice to have....say £9-18

Pylarm, another later, but still nice if sealed tin, £7-13+

See what I mean about the variation in prices?.......all the above can sell for below, or much more than the estimates given, In your position I would state what you think is fair , and see what happens....I understand where you are coming from, and that you don't want to "give away" something that may be worth loads, for pennies!!

Good luck in any case, looking forward to seeing pics.

many thanks for your reply Ed i have many more tins of pellets mostly full that i will send you some pics of when i get my camera and pc talking to each other
    regards Graham