Thread: Webley Junior

Webley Junior

I have just picked up a post war Birmingham 4 address Junior, It is nickel plated! I know that Webley offered this as an option but does anyone know anything about it being done on a humble Junior? Does it add to the value?

Regards Ormicron

Factory plating of the Junior was very rare but not entirely unknown. Nickel or even silver or gold plating was more common on the more expensive Senior or Premier models.

Many examples of all pistols were plated privately. Original factory plated ones will be worth more - others much less more. What you need is original documentation showing that, indeed, yours is an original. Without that yours will probably be only a worth a few quid more than any other common or garden Junior (£100 or so in very good condition).

Webley Junior

I am fairly confident that it is a factory finish,I have a Mk1 exactly the same. There is no nasty polishing evident and it looks like the nickel as been applied to a new surface. Unfortunaetly it has a bit missing of the left hand grip, can anyone help?

ormicron