Thread: BSA METEOR - value?

BSA METEOR - value?

A friend of mine has recently lost his brother (bereavement, not gone walkabout) and he had a Meteor. It is sitting in a cupboard, ancient - probably early or mid 70s. Anyone any idea what it is worth?
    Can they be tuned? Is it worth getting hold of as a knockabout. We had Meteor Super and Airsporters, but I never had a Meteor, or a friend with one. I think it is a 22. To be honest, I forgot to ask!

56 views, and no ideas?

Oh well.

Edit: Apologies (how rude of me)...sorry to here of your friends loss!...

Great gun the Meteor!...infact, they're a bit of a legend with more than a million sold. My first gun was a Meteor, back in 1982, swapped it for a bmx! ...Had immense fun with that gun and have had a few Meteors since!, all have been good, honest, no nonsense shooters!...they have their faults, like sloppy breeches (cure by nipping the jaws back together in a vice), funky trigger springs that break at the least convenient moments...They can be improved upon and made more powerful, but I wouldn't bother really...

What's it worth?...not much, if it's any comparison, I've recently had a Mk6 Meteor (with a scratched-up stock) for sale for £50 posted, it didn't sell and I've decide to keep it.
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 10-02-2010 at 08:14 PM.
    blah blah

Thanks DCL. I wanted to be able to tell him some idea of worth - because living brother doesn't want it and I said I would find out for him. I don't want it - spending my dosh on doing up my HW77 with fancy stock and reworked innards.