Thread: BSA Bucaneer Value

BSA Bucaneer Value

Im thinking of selling my BSA Bucaneer which ive had since i was a kid!

I dont know what they are worth can anyone help???

It was reblued a couple of years ago so the metal work is top condition but the thumbhole stock has a crack through the pistol grip but its not come apart. Has the sights etc but no trigger guard.

Cheers

think i read on here there are 2 coloured stocks..black or brown.
    brown being the early model and black the later,brown being the more valuable...also what calibre?

Sadly that crack is a very well known weak spot, causing many to be returned to BSA. If you get a trigger guard the black I would say £70 with the crack, brown £90.
    Without the trigger guard you loose at least another £20

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post

It was reblued a couple of years ago so the metal work is top condition but the thumbhole stock has a crack through the pistol grip but its not come apart. Has the sights etc but no trigger guard.

Cheers
    Hi, I had one for sale, I was offered £100 for it !
    Its in average condition with its original sights, Nice stock , ( It could do with your action to make a Minter ! )

Etc, I think I asked £120 & decided to keep it, I had it for sale with this 1927 Bsa Standard, I was offered £100 for that, I thought they were worth more & they are now " Hibernating " Ha ha, Ged

My recommendation is that you keep it. It will never make you a rich man and you may struggle to replace it if you decide that you made an error in selling it.

Regards,
    Andy.

its the brown version! i will upload a couple of pics tonight! I may keep it and pass onto my son for him to keep safely out the way!

Yes keep it and get it up to scratch.
    Beware, the stock is very delicate, they are made of a ABS foam type material and not strong at all. It's like a sponge inside.

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post

Cheers
    Hi Mate, " Not trying to be funny "
    But with a cracked stock, I would sell it on, The chances of finding another stock are Nil, Only save the " Gooduns "

Like was said above, They are never going to be worth a lot ( But better than any Bsa merlin Ha ha )
    The above post mentioning the cracked stock could make them rare in the future, I have not heard this before ! But I had heard of the Bsa Scorpion stocks exploding ( Bit over the top that ) In strong sunlight in gunshop window,s.

As regards spares, They are Identical to the Bsa Scorpion, Excepting they have the full length barrel, & It says Bucanneer on the top, & also the bsa peep. Also they could be
    12 Fpe. & this is attainable with the large diameter cylinder ?
    I have been trying to sell 2, very nice Bsa Scorpion pistols ( I have 4 ) for £70 each, One with silencer adapter/cocking aid, & the other with the original cocking aid. Both with open sights,
    I think the parts are worth more than the guns ! Shame that, I have sold rear sights for £28 & bought front sights for £12 on " That " auction site ? Both + post, ( Try Chambers, or Knibbs ) for spares, You,ll get the picture,

sell mine another time, Ha ha, Ged

Just looked, I have 6, !!!
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 11-02-2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Addition

Unhappy shadow

a few years back i had the bsa shadow that i now know to be quiet rare.shame i didnt know at the time as i sold it for £40
    atb
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    a few years back i had the bsa shadow that i now know to be quiet rare.shame i didnt know at the time as i sold it for £40
    atb
    steve
    There is a USA collector who bought one recently, I think they are even rarer ! Ged.

Exploding stocks

...heard this too Ged from Sandwell Fieldsports - chemical foam breaks down and pressure builds up and kaboom . Not to sure about 12ft/lb though .
    The .177 's certainly sound like a rimmie going off but when one was chrono'd it was under 6ft/lb .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Arch.Stanton? View Post
    ...heard this too Ged from Sandwell Fieldsports - chemical foam breaks down and pressure builds up and kaboom . Not to sure about 12ft/lb though .
    The .177 's certainly sound like a rimmie going off but when one was chrono'd it was under 6ft/lb .
    Hiya mate, I bought a pistol at over 8 Fpe ?
    It has more swept volume than the Meteor, Just a thought ! The Bucanneer shoots much better than the pistol.
    noticed they make old stuff any more, ha ha, Cheers,
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 13-02-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Grinning like a Cheshire Cat

Sitting here in my shed at the end of the garden looking over at the cabinet:

BSA Buccaneer in .22 in brown, fitted with BSA single point sight, runs @ 9ft/lb.

BSA Shadow in .22 - with the old Theoben 2 stage silencer on the barrel and an Aimpoint (80's vintage) on the top, runs @ 5 ft/lb.

Use both of them around the barns for rat-bashing.

Next to them is the ASI Paratrooper Repeater in .177 with a Beeman SS1 Scope on board - that's my son's favourite Tinny Trasher, along with his Red Ryder.
    Matou: The Braughing Banger

Quote Originally Posted by Matou View Post
    Sitting here in my shed at the end of the garden looking over at the cabinet:

BSA Buccaneer in .22 in brown, fitted with BSA single point sight, runs @ 9ft/lb.

BSA Shadow in .22 - with the old Theoben 2 stage silencer on the barrel and an Aimpoint (80's vintage) on the top, runs @ 5 ft/lb.

Use both of them around the barns for rat-bashing.

Next to them is the ASI Paratrooper Repeater in .177 with a Beeman SS1 Scope on board - that's my son's favourite Tinny Trasher, along with his Red Ryder.
    Where,s the Pics ?