Thread: Fullbore in West Mids?

Fullbore in West Mids?

Does anyone know of any ranges with facilities for fullbore rifle in the West Midlands? Some clubs advertise f/b facilities, but shoot these events at Bisley, or similar.

I'm poor (read tight on money and time) and somewhere more local with a range that supports f/b would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    Under protest, I gave in and indulged him and discovered a taste sensation!! It was really good.

try offas dyke rifle club - google it!
    You never truely understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother. --Albert Einstein

The range at JLS Wednesbury. I think it's only 25m long though.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Minsterley range, near Shrewsbury.
    Dovedale range - run by Nottingham rifle club.

Some good starting points there - thanks

Best get saving, I guess - CF is bloody expensive!
    Under protest, I gave in and indulged him and discovered a taste sensation!! It was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylus View Post
    Does anyone know of any ranges with facilities for fullbore rifle in the West Midlands? Some clubs advertise f/b facilities, but shoot these events at Bisley, or similar.

I'm poor (read tight on money and time) and somewhere more local with a range that supports f/b would be great!
    Swadlincote, Worcester Norton, Minsterley Ranges and Wedgenock ( Warwickshire ) all cater for fullbore, mate. But if you're skint I'd advise staying with airguns as the ammo for them is a damn sight cheaper!
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

What sort of ranges are these above, know a few are only 100 meteres ok for a 10/22.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Swadlincote, Worcester Norton, Minsterley Ranges and Wedgenock ( Warwickshire ) all cater for fullbore, mate. But if you're skint I'd advise staying with airguns as the ammo for them is a damn sight cheaper!
    I shoot at Wedgnock and I thought that, while they cater for pistol cal., CF falls outside the velocity/energy limits (with an exception made for .17 HMR for the velocity). I could be wrong, but I'm grateful for the info on the other ranges all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Stylus View Post
    I shoot at Wedgnock and I thought that, while they cater for pistol cal., CF falls outside the velocity/energy limits (with an exception made for .17 HMR for the velocity). I could be wrong, but I'm grateful for the info on the other ranges all the same
    Yes, sorry - Wedgenock allows .17hmr but but imposes a range velocity limit of 1700 fps ( from memory ).
    So you're fine with .50 black powder, or .455, or 45/100 CF - but you can't use a .22 centrefire...

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    What sort of ranges are these above, know a few are only 100 meteres ok for a 10/22.
    All 100 meters max, mate.

try derby rifle pistol club.here http://www.drpc1999.com/

bit pricey for first membership as they have a joining fee. but they have a 200ish yard range and loads of other ranges.
    www.derbytargets.com

ANYONE AFTER A CUSTOM TARGET HOLDER PLEASE PM ME...ALL TYPES MADE.

Kingsbury range north of Birmingham, its an MOD range to 600 yards.

Looks like Offas dyke use it as do a number of other clubs. Real nice range set up.

A

Hi mate, we shoot at Kingsbury and Whittington. PM me an email and I will get you some details if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno1972 View Post
    Hi mate, we shoot at Kingsbury and Whittington. PM me an email and I will get you some details if you are interested.
    do these sites accommodate air rifles or just normal rifles?

still looking for a good place to shoot.

thanks.