Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accurate springers

accurate springers

hi,was toying with the idea of buying a springer,as a change from my s400. i want to do a bit of target and ft. just wondering which rifles have lowish recoil and be most accurate.thanks for any input.

HW 97 or the TX 200
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

HW98 or Prosport
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

TX 200 SR, you can't go wrong if you can find one.

as reeves says tx 200sr and its got to be a mk1 at that.none of the stupid safety rachet on the side.
    or one better me thinks is the pro sport.as accurate as the sr but without all the probs of setting the slide tension correctly.also very little recoil.the pro sport is the most accurate springer i have ever shot.ive shot and owned all the top makes.only springer left in the cabinet is a pro sport.says it all really

Low recoil: TX, Pro Sport, Pro Elite, HW97..
    PS has better balance, as does HW98 etc.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by big louie View Post
    the pro sport.as accurate as the sr but without all the probs of setting the slide tension correctly.also very little recoil.the pro sport is the most accurate springer i have ever shot.ive shot and owned all the top makes.only springer left in the cabinet is a pro sport.says it all really
    Totally agree Louie - I was a fool and sold my Prosport,it was the best springer I have shot,dressed in a CS1000 Thumbhole target stock.

I would have another in a heartbeat - if I could afford it

Just bought a HW98 (Only because I couldn't stretch to the PS) and must admit,this too is a very accurate springer - but certainly in my mind the Prosport was/is a better rifle - just
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

SR rifles are presumably more accurate, simply due to lack of recoil...I assumed it was for recoiling HFT....Hunting i would buy an s400!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Consider an FWB 300?
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Quote Originally Posted by defblade View Post
    Consider an FWB 300?
    Not so great for HFT. After 35 yards the lack of velocity is a problem. A slight breeze causes havoc!

But one of THE most accurate and consistent spring powered rifles I have ever shot bench rested at 30 yards.

In fact it is one of my favourite rifles ever to shoot with. Just a quality feel to every aspect of it.

That said I have just put new springs in one of mine and it is putting out 7.2 ft/lbs. Not had chance to test it on a target yet.

Have Fun

Mark

best springer.h/w98.

i shoot with a 98h/w, just been (bonny and clided),its got very little kick,and shoots very well,a top gun,if you can find one.

ive always gone for tx200s ive had the mk1, mk2 and mk3hc. the best out of the lot ive found is the old mk1 whick i still own. but with all of these tx200 i have one the swefta yearly hft comps 3 times in a row against all types of springers. so to me the tx200 is the best bet!

i think the airarms rifles get the vote.next step to chck a few out.cheers for the replys ,always pays to ask the experts on the forum .ta

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by big louie View Post
    as reeves says tx 200sr and its got to be a mk1 at that.none of the stupid safety rachet on the side.
    or one better me thinks is the pro sport.as accurate as the sr but without all the probs of setting the slide tension correctly.also very little recoil.the pro sport is the most accurate springer i have ever shot.ive shot and owned all the top makes.only springer left in the cabinet is a pro sport.says it all really
    I agree with this completely. I had a superb TX200SR Mk 1 and when I got a ProSport Mk1 I found it was just as accurate and not as heavy/complicated. The ProSport does have a V-Mach stage 1 kit in it, which might make the lock-time faster than standard. With a cheapish scope I can shoot groups that are smaller than a 5p at 30 yards with the ProSport. A better shot could probably make pellet-on-pellet. Very well balanced, extremely comfortable stock (can't see the point in a custom on this one) and beautiful to behold.

prosport! just used my .22 for a comp this morning. knocked down every target over 30yards. messed up my close game big time but still got a silver. love my prosport. there must be a reason its the most used springer in comp! if you get a tx200sr you might want to check but i don't think you can use it in the recoiling class!
    Shoot long range = Live till old age