Thread: Crossman 140,s

Crossman 140,s

Hi, A valuation please !
    I have these 2, The nice one is the latest generation, With a proper trigger, I am guessing 1980 ish,

The other one is much older 1960 ish I think!

I am trying to sell up, However some guns I find difficult to let go, Sheridans, I have sold 2, recently & Love Em, !!
    Sharp Aces, I have 2, One is sold when I let them go,
    I have a number of Innovas but their prices seem down ? & yet everyone wants to buy the chinese, Plastic stocked,Vasectomized copy ?

I have a number more, But these are some of my favourites, What are they , Crossman 140,s, Pump up pneumatics, " Father & Son "

In the 1960,s, these were top dog, The Sheridans you couldn,t get hold of, Setra,s were from another planet.
    There was the german offerings but expensive, We had the Airsporter/Mercury/Webley Mk111 Etc good guns in their own right, ( But they & the german offerings couldn,t shoot through a galvanised metal dustbin )

I mean " Come On " street cred, 1960,,ssss, Etc & they were rare, I think they were only made in .22, All steel & will last forever, 3, seals easily replaced, they could be pumped up, & Left,
    They did have crude sights, But they were small & recoiless & forget the dustbin ?

Ha ha, I had one of these then ! It was the daddy, & Can still outshoot 95% of all springers, ( The nurse is here now, I have to take my tablets, Or you know what ) Ha ha, Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 12-02-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: 1960,s ?

sold a " MINT" one about six months ago for 250 but i had put scope mounts on mine and fitted a nice scope which made it quite accurate at up to 45 yds
    didnt really want to sell it but got pestered
    really nice guns and i had a dustbin driller one in the 60s with the longer pump stroke setting used to give it twenty but the trigger became hard at that output

Thumbs up Reply

As you know Ged these are top rifles & very well made & last forever The bottom one looks like a "Model 1400 Pumpmaster to Me " made from about 1972-3 onwards" very sought after & difficult to find/locate in original condition like yours so its what ever someone is prepaired to give say £250 is not out the way for one of these fine rifles. The top one is a little bit older than you recon about 1955/8 & I think they were called "The Town & Country" this one looks ripe for a restoration & some nice TLC.The triggers were not as good as the later rifle but still a very nice rifle to have in anyones collectionAnd you are right Sharp Innovas classic rifles & far better than the Chinese rubbish/clone on offer cheers regards Paul

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    sold a " MINT" one about six months ago for 250 but i had put scope mounts on mine and fitted a nice scope which made it quite accurate at up to 45 yds
    didnt really want to sell it but got pestered
    really nice guns and i had a dustbin driller one in the 60s with the longer pump stroke setting used to give it twenty but the trigger became hard at that output
    Hi mate, So another fan ( like me ) The lower gun has a proper trigger unit, not like the early one, & yea, shot through the dustbin, 15 pumps follow that !!!
    Ha ha, I am suprised at the price though ! The bottom one is not mint but Very good, All the best ged.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellum View Post
    As you know Ged these are top rifles & very well made & last forever The bottom one looks like a "Model 1400 Pumpmaster to Me " made from about 1972-3 onwards" very sought after & difficult to find/locate in original condition like yours so its what ever someone is prepaired to give say £250 is not out the way for one of these fine rifles. The top one is a little bit older than you recon about 1955/8 & I think they were called "The Town & Country" this one looks ripe for a restoration & some nice TLC.The triggers were not as good as the later rifle but still a very nice rifle to have in anyones collectionAnd you are right Sharp Innovas classic rifles & far better than the Chinese rubbish/clone on offer cheers regards Paul
    Hi Paul, They are both 140,s, As regards date, You might well be right,
    ( Do they have a number on them )

The lower one has the trigger unit attached to the action, The older one has it in the stock ALA Sheridan.
    The wood on the older gun could be very nice, & really is my favourite,
    These guns are Classics, You lose money on these, But like the post above, That price is a suprise ?? Cheers mate, Ged.