Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Malingering and shirking my Mod duties again!

Hi Gareth,

Delighted that the news is looking good.

In the spirit of wishing to look after a fellow airgun maniac, I repeat my offer (made solely on professional and clinical grounds, and with your best interests in mind) to take those nasty stress causing, mint vintage airguns off you - and I WON'T charge you for the service.

I'll even pay the postage so you won't have any extra worries.

Stay well!

Best wishes

Neil

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by nbrooks View Post

Hi Gareth,

Delighted that the news is looking good.

In the spirit of wishing to look after a fellow airgun maniac, I repeat my offer (made solely on professional and clinical grounds, and with your best interests in mind) to take those nasty stress causing, mint vintage airguns off you - and I WON'T charge you for the service.

I'll even pay the postage so you won't have any extra worries.
    Stay well!

Best wishes

Neil
    ... You're too kind.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Thank you all for your continued posts and p-ms regarding my health here (quite literally dozens and dozens ). I have been genuinely moved by them all, and all have been gratefully received, and appreciated. This in mind then, I thought I'd post a brief up-date.

Although I have another round of tread-mill tests booked for the 17th, in the main, I am now as good as new. It turns out that the angina attack I had, was brought on by my blood being partially starved of oxygen due to an almost continuous release of adrenalin brought on by a prolonged period of low-level stress.

This low level stress was probably caused by a cocktail of influences, such as my seven months without work, then buying a new house, and me being my three children's principal day time carer throughout (they are all under six, and like all children, can be quite taxing), to list but a few.

So all I have to do to stay away from A&E is avoid situations which can heighten adrenalin rushes (which sadly means no competing in competitive pursuits, ergo bringing an end to my foray into HFT ), as said rushes might possibly overload my already adrenalin-filled system again, which could potentially result in yet another dangerous level of blood oxygen depletion.

So shooting wise, sub 12ft.lb, it is back to non competitive fun plinking, and FAC wise, no more practical mini rifle comps, just gentle meandering hunts around the farm with my .22lr (Doctor's -- and the wife's -- orders). Atvb all, and once again, many many thanks for all your collective, and continued, concern.

Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Glad to hear you're back to a decent level of well being Gareth, It'll be hard keeping out of the shooting comps though wont it? At least you're still here to tell the tale

ATVB PAUL

Gareth, are you trying to tell me that I did all that one finger typing of a lengthy PM, just because you had had a 'Panic Attack'??
    Seriously mate, a panic attack is a frightening thing to go through, I am just pleased to hear that it is not as serious as was first thought.
    Take it easy big man and get back to the admin soon. ATB Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

I added my reply to the main thread in the general section, however I am glad that you are feeling better. I find the best way to destress is a couple of gulps of air from your gun cabinet. The smell of gun oil, walnut and leather seems to de-stress me and if that is not enough, just run your hands over a BSA Improved model D,or a fine BSA Standard, and that will definitely do the trick. Of course it has to be a BSA. None of those nasty webleys will have the same effect as a lovely BSA

All the best

Andy

. Of course it has to be a BSA. None of those nasty webleys will have the same effect as a lovely BSA

All the best

Andy[/QUOTE]

RACIST