Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malingering and shirking my Mod duties again!

Nitro

Hope your ok soon Gareth.

Do you know one of the treatments for this condition is Glyserol Trinitrate ( aka Nitro Glyserine )

Organic compound, powerful explosive and ingredient of most forms of dynamite. It is a colourless, oily, somewhat toxic liquid with a sweet, burning taste. Its safe use as a blasting explosive became possible after Alfred P. Nobel developed dynamite in the 1860s with an inert porous material (moderator) such as charcoal or diatomaceous earth. Nitroglycerin is also used in a mixture in rocket propellants. In medicine, it is used to dilate blood vessels, especially to ease angina pectoris.

Think of the fun you can have with your medicine
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post

Think of the fun you can have with your medicine
    But be careful were your pointing your arse when you break wind.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Here's wishing you well Gareth and a speedy recovery.

Maybe now's the time to dip into the BBS 'slush-fund' for a vacation in Barbados.

Good luck, Phil

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Continued thanks to you chaps for your (mostly ) continued kind words, and yep, I am taking it (very) easy indeed, although I do now feel fine. I am getting a bit bored sitting around though (want to go out and shoot stuff ), but will stick to the Drs orders.

Must say, it is fun just being a BBS tourist again for a few days however, and I'll pop by again tomorrow evening for a cyber cuppa tea and a catch-up. Right then, had my lie down here in my beloved collectables, so best get off (unfortrunately not to Barbados though Phil, more like windowsill bay ). Ha ha. Atvb: Gareth.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 13-02-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: coz I can coz I am a tourist today ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Kind offer of help

To Gareth----I will have your collection of classic airguns and also your supply of malt so you dont have to stress about anything
    sure other bbs members will be willing to help out in this duty if it becomes to much of a burden for me on my own ----------------Get well soon Gareth and put the Relum haters in their place.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Time to take a rest,& put your feet up Gareth,hope you feeling better soon.
    Jezza

Rest up well good Sir!!...look forward to reading your future contributions to the "Old Boys" section!...
    Eric.

Get well soon!

Hi Gareth,

It's the wake up call we don't want (and I'll bet some of us have had).

I feel it's my clincial duty to de-stress you, by taking those nasty stress-causing vintage air guns off you. You may not know this, (you can trust me on this), but the better nick they're in, the worse the stress for you; so I'll only need to take the mint ones.

Best wishes

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I will have your collection of classic airguns and also your supply of malt so you dont have to stress about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbrooks View Post
    I feel it's my clincial duty to de-stress you, by taking those nasty stress-causing vintage air guns off you.
    ... Hi Guy and Neil. You mean you two would do all that just for little old me ??? Too kind.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks again to you all for the continued messages of well being and support chaps, as all have been truly appreciated. Although I've another afternoon of monitoring again on Monday (groan), all does now seem quite well, and my p-m option is now back on .

I do have to shed a couple of stone though (don’t we all?) reduce (not cut out) my in-take of Chinese and Indian food (one such meal a month max, not my current one a week of each ), and I must ditch the daily bacon buttie (now a weekend treat only), but providing I don’t go daft, I can still have a few glasses of cider, or single, single malt, here and there, as at low levels, such imbibes are considered okay(ish).

Have to also avoid stressful situations where ever possible, too, however, so no more reading the Daily and Sunday Mail for me then, and fewer visits to this Non Airgun section, particularly the Members Only bit, are on the cards for yours truly, too .

One good thing has come out of all this however, as the Doctors have told me that long periods of standing still are bad for aggravating the angina condition, so no washing up or ironing allowed, but plenty of steady walking is recommended, “like, err, walking round a farm (shooting)” I said. “Perfect” said the Dr ... RESULT (and all said in front of my Mrs, too ). Ha ha. Atb: G.

Hi Gareth,
    Ive been away for a few days so have only just read of your problem
    Best Wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Regards
    Daveh
    If you dont do it today, you might not be able to do it tomorrow!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Poor Gareth

Cut down on the bacon butties, chinese, indian and booze-----You wont live longer but it will certainly feel like it
    The offer stands on your guns and malts but I do not feel I am up to taking over your food duties.
    NIce to see you pottering about in this section. Get well soon and get your finger back on the banning button.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Music can be very relaxing when you're in enforced R&R mode .

Hows about I. J. coming to stay with you for the weekend...

with his BANJO !

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
    Hows about I. J. coming to stay with you for the weekend...

with his BANJO !
    ... Gulp . Think I'll be out .

OK, he's always struggled with certain parts of "Old MacDonald had a..."

admittedly

But he's getting quite good with "De Kemptown Racetrack" (Camptown Races, surely ???)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFZTz0JnNew

STOP PRESS - Inspired by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain he has recently been looking at some of the old Queen...hits , could be of interest?
    Last edited by Ian Johnstone; 18-02-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Mr 10% strikes again