Thread: Diana G80 help please

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Diana G80 help please

I am looking at this for a fellow bbs-er. The gun came to me in large lumps. I am not well up on these but fancied having a look at one. It has a slot in trigger unit (similar to a gamo ) rather than the earlier set up with the safety catch. The unit is held in place by one pin (that got me thinking) and when the gun is cocked, this unit pivots and the gun wont cock unless you put your finger behing the trigger. I had a guess that the trigger guard stops it from moving or a plate under the guard? I havent got a pic or a diagram to look at but I suspect that got the wrong trigger guard with the gun as it is a fair bit narrower than the recess it sits it. The trigger adjusting screw holes in the guard only line up with the screws when the unit is in the forward position. Any advice appreciated. UPDATE---turned round that thing in the cylinder that the rear stock bolt screws into so the boss faced the trigger housing and the gun now cocks every time. It still rocks a fair bit---Were they all like this?
    Last edited by ggggr; 12-02-2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: update
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Well, I've got 2 one in decent nick and one wreck for spares, and they both have the same fault!!! Its just a deeply rubbish design and build (stock screws much too high as well resulting in stock splits). Cobham in his book on air ruifle maintainance mentions the same issue too. No wonder milbro went under, the design is awful. If you work out a way to stablise the trigger unit and make the gun usable please post your findings!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

G80

Thanks for that. Two things come to mind and I cant see me doing it on this gun as is a plinker for someone else. As the boss on the thing the rear stock screw screws into is essentially a guide or stop for the trigger housing (and me not being an engineer or anything)---then you could find a washer with an ID to go on the boss and an OD to touch the trigger housing, then araldite it or solder it to the boss. Another idea along those lines would be to get a piece of ptfe or alloy etc round bar with a biggish hole in the centre and a fairly large OD and tap it to take a screw that you gould lock against the bottom of the cylinder. 2nd main idea would be to get some flat bar under the trigger guard to push onto the underside of the trigger housing. This was the idea I was toying with but didn,t fancy it with the old tennis elbow. ggggr
    Last edited by ggggr; 12-02-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: error
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

As the someone else who owns the rifle I am deeply grateful for Guys endevours! Much appreciated mate! Its a bit of an ugly duckling but unique-ish in that no one else would be seen dead with one!
    Thanks Guy!

diana g80

I once had a g80 that would not cock,I assumed something was missing as it was an old gun.I borrowed a 80 and stripped it.I found a washer in front of the trigger block was missing on my gun. The washer measurements were 25.4 mm dia. 3mm thick inside dia 17mm. I made a washer,fitted it to the gun and it cocked.Hope this may help you gents.