Thread: Brocock Atomic & Scopes

Brocock Atomic & Scopes

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a scope to the Atomic? I have seen one with a single mount Sport Dot fitted, but is it possible to remove the rear sight and fit a second mount?

Thanks

Peter

PS I know the Grand Prix takes a scope, but I would prefer an Atomic

No you can't remove the rearsight to mount a sight. Well you can remove the rearsight but the rearsight mounting bit is actually part of the action, in other words there are no rails behind the loading port.

You can mount a scope but the only mounting area is that little section in front of the loading port. You could use two mounts pushed together on the scope body for extra rigidity. See my thread in Sales; that's a red dot but same principle could apply to a scope.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I was told that the latest ones have a removable rear sight with a useable dovetail. Don't know whether that's kosher.
    Brocock Atomic .177

Just doing a search for Atomic threads and this ancient one came up... but still, I've something relevant to contribute so why not raise the dead? Indeed the more recent Atomics do have a dovetail on the rear, the stock rear sight being mounted with a single tiny set screw hidden under the sight element. Loosening the rear slotted screw and swinging the blade off to one side exposes this Allen screw which can be loosened slightly, then the whole thing slid off to the rear. The 11mm dovetail is part of the same extrusion as the front dovetail and a scope mount is no problem to mount there. One difficulty though is that if the scope rides too low, access to the loading port becomes a little bit tricky. Tends to cause fumbling of pellets, especially shorter ones like the light JSB round nosed ones.