Thread: Edbear2 in Airgun World

Smile Edbear2 in Airgun World

Yup - Eddie is on pages 83 and 84 of the March edition, in John Milewski's article about the Bisley vintage airgun section's winter vintage HFT shoot - which Eddie won.

Looks like the 26 yard stander practice paid off.

Nice one, Eddie.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Jim.............I really can't read that without adding this......Actually, John (Josie and John), and I tied equal on I think, 40 ex 60.....And John, being the 100% nice guy and true gent that he is, insisted on me taking the prize, as Helen and I were their guests for the day!

P.S........IMHO, I feel he was the true winner on the day, as he was shooting a .22 standard, and on any normal HFT, he would have got extra points for using the larger size.

Anyway....We all had a great time, which was the main thing, and if anyone is reading this,and hasn't yet managed to get along to the Bisley vintage section......you are missing out!!

http://www.bfto.org.uk/

As John says in the article, everyone enjoyed the day, so everyone was a winner.

Nice one Eddie...Out of interest was your prize that mint Webley Falcon .

The last time I was at BFTO there was a rumour going around about some 'RINGER' taking all the glory with a 20ft/lb Air Ranger disguised as a C.S.

Forgot to add only Porkers take up two pages in AGW

Eddie,
    You deserved the first prize mate as you had a really good shoot. I missed today's Vintage HFT extravaganza at Bisley as got back from Birmingham Arms fair just as the course was being packed away. The theme was traffic signs and I saw a dummy speed camera being taken down along with flashing traffic lights if the kill zone was hit. One target rewarded you with a blast from a Tom Jones song but you'd have to ask Andy about that one! I'm kicking myself as it sounded like a cracking shoot. And I didn't find any vintage guns @ Brum to tickle my fancy.
    John

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Eddie,
    You deserved the first prize mate as you had a really good shoot. I missed today's Vintage HFT extravaganza at Bisley as got back from Birmingham Arms fair just as the course was being packed away. The theme was traffic signs and I saw a dummy speed camera being taken down along with flashing traffic lights if the kill zone was hit. One target rewarded you with a blast from a Tom Jones song but you'd have to ask Andy about that one! I'm kicking myself as it sounded like a cracking shoot. And I didn't find any vintage guns @ Brum to tickle my fancy.
    John
    Thanks mate, Really sorry you missed the shoot after all that driving!!, sounds like Andy excelled himself again......I stayed a while as I had a Japanese sword blade I found at a car boot that I wanted to get valued....as you say it was a bit quiet there except for Webley pistols everywhere......I did see a Light model...a total wreck, at £70....was slightly tempted as someone years ago had carefully used a pin punch to emblazon the butt with a giant "EDDIE"........but the end cap was missing, and it was cracked, so walked away.

Came away with just an AJP number 2 tunnel foresight for a fiver, so not a total waste of petrol

Hopefully will get down to the next one, work allowing

bsa pre-war pistol grip

what is the history of the flat & round base pistol grip,i have .177 side button u/l steel butt plate 39"long approx ser no 63595 13"stock any info welcomed thanks.