Thread: HW35 .22 melrichstradt bay

HW35 .22 melrichstradt bay

Hi Chaps,
    my Dad bought himself 4 air guns, a HW 35, a Meteor (I'm busy begging that one), a Diana 25 and a Weblet Ranger.
    Ive never seen a Ranger before but I wanted to ask why the HW didnt have Hull Cartridge stamped on it? The stock is very nice but all the guns have been stored in a barn...usual loss of bluing which isnt too bad and they all fire.
    Any ideas what the WH is? Where will the number be stamped?
    Thanks in advance chaps!

not all hw35's are hull cartridge stamped as hull cartridge imports because they wasnt the first official importer.

good working order but poor cosmetic condition...£50-60 imho but really need photo's to give an accurate appraisal.

The HW stamped before the 35E stands for 'Hans Weihrauch', the originator of the Weihrauch company who manufacture the HW range.
    You should find the Reg. number on the left hand side of the barrel, near to the fulcrum. If you are wishing to sell the HW 35E, Dave at Shotmastertuning.co.uk was looking for a 35E very recently.

For info, some people think Mellrichstadt Bay is a town on the sea but in fact the Bay stands for Bayern, German for Bavaria. Mellrichstadt is very much inland and is close to the geographical centre of Germany.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.