Thread: HW35 Export .22 1980's valuation please

HW35 Export .22 1980's valuation please

Ok chaps this is difficult to do but i have my HW35 Export .22 bought in 1986 but i think it is lot older maybe 1970's i havent got the serial no. to hand but it is sitting in my gunbox and needs servicing as i suspect it has original spring and seals The condition is this the metal work is i would say very good apart from one breech bolt head being slightly churned over and the same for the stock bolt and trigger guard screws but they all exist and are original. The 22" barrel is straight and good including original open sights. The weihrauch cross bolt safety doesnt protrude right through the rear block so thats my logic in assuming its an older model than ive always thought,only the expert collectors will be able to say with any authority i guess. Right ok the walnut export stock has a lovely grain but has a scratch on the cheek piece about 1" long(i did it but cant quite remember how) the foreend cut out allowing the breech lock catch is chipped and a few small dings elsewhere on the stock as i remember it. The right hand side has mark on stock which came with the rifle all those years ago. The butt is fitted with sling stud and im sure the barrel has sling swivel band but i am relying on memory here( i should of grabbed rifle before this; i know i know The record trigger is fine and like the rest of this rifle it hasn't been messed with i can guarantee.
    The rifle i believe is a real "modern" contemporay but it does need some tlc tbh, i would do it myself but it is one of those im gonna do it jobs and they never get done do they? This is my most difficult sale and i would really like to have the benefit of a sound valuation of the collector corner experts. I think thats all but please fire any questions if your interested. Thanks for reading this and bearing with me. Matt

These rifles are still made today. There were a lot made and they are very good rifles. Early ones often have very nice wood work some say better than today. Yours will need about £25 of spares. A nice used example makes about £120 -£140. A really nice example can make a good bit more. Without pictures we can't be much more help.

Did I want one of them in those days, then they cost about what you say they are worth now, fair investement.

A