Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kibworth results for the 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Crikey ... you think you have problems! Seriously though Anne is a far better shot than me .... so beware of 'youngsters'.

And to Steve and other course setters: great course, thank you. I still think the 'your choice of position' shoots are the best.
    Cheers, Phil
    Thanks Phil
    You would think the (your choice of shooting position) would help people but alas they still come unstuck, but you have to give Anne some credit if she misses she always goes back after and keeps shooting till she gets it, i have put a proposal in for some floodlights to be put up for her, so be ready for some late nights Phil
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    NTO another great course most thought provoking, and a little fiendish here and there for the standing room only shooter,

That up hill 2 yarder I got completely wrong but there again you wanted me to did'nt you,
    As if i would want you to miss, i see you got it on your tenth shot anyway so it was possible
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    This is Number 43 in your "Big Book Of Excuses Why I Miss", I know I've read it
    Chris,

I miss because I'm crap (what's your excuse). and no, I'm not shooting the Mk 3

Nigel

ps: See you at the Greyhound
    Steyr LG 110 + Leupold 2.5-8x36. Warren Edwards Laminate
    Anschutz HP9015 black air + Leopoldo VX3i

Steve, thanks for giving me the oportunity to try and reach Rogers standard, usually I can't even get close with the dia courses you set. And your right, even with the target you hypnotised me into missing I wouldn't have drawn with Roger.
    But seriously good course you barsturd.
    mankind is merely a gnats fart in the great wind of creation, but it sure does stink up the place.

Quote:
    Hi Phil,

I just noticed the Mushroom Man on your post,

Are they the Magic variety??? or the Munchroom types??

HWWBO Is just getting into the Munchrooms, so I was curious well alright nosey really.

Sorry, nothing quite so glamorous.
    Just think of me as ensuring those nasty little fungi do not destroy your crops ... including grapes for wine.
    Cheers, Phil
    Cheers Phil that is really cool,

Appearances can be so deceptive,

Who would suspected that you were so Hippy orientated

Ergot your interest in Fungi

That must be quite some Trip???

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Bro.

Ergot ? wasn't that responsible for a dirth of werewolf sightings in the 17th? century France. One very wet year and poor wheat harvest, the next thing everybody thinks he is the wolfman and tries to eat his/her nieghbour. Wow far-out man.
    mankind is merely a gnats fart in the great wind of creation, but it sure does stink up the place.

Ergot is a fungal (fungus name Claviceps purpurea) disease of grasses. It became famous for attacking rye and contaminating the rye flour that bread was made of. The 'ergots' are shaped a bit like rat crap and replace the grain in the flower head. They contain quite a lot of LSD, hence their hallucinogenic potential. But other things in the ergot have other, rather nasty, effects and it would be most unwise, potentially fatal, to try to get a 'high' from eating them. There are now very strict controls to prevent any ergot contamination of cereal grain.

If you remember Dr Finlay's Casebook you may recall Dr Cameron(?) freaking out and crashing his car in one episode. That was due to eating rye bread contaminated by ergot.
    Ergot is still reasonably common on ryegrass and I am fairly sure that if you looked hard enough you might find some at Kibworth around mid - late summer. But purely for curiosity sake that is.

PS. Mushroom Man was Anne's idea of a label for me ... not mine.

Cheers, Phil

Lsd

Ergot is a fungal (fungus name Claviceps purpurea) disease of grasses. It became famous for attacking rye and contaminating the rye flour that bread was made of. The 'ergots' are shaped a bit like rat crap and replace the grain in the flower head. They contain quite a lot of LSD, hence their hallucinogenic potential. But other things in the ergot have other, rather nasty, effects and it would be most unwise, potentially fatal, to try to get a 'high' from eating them. There are now very strict controls to prevent any ergot contamination of cereal grain.

If you remember Dr Finlay's Casebook you may recall Dr Cameron(?) freaking out and crashing his car in one episode. That was due to eating rye bread contaminated by ergot.
    Ergot is still reasonably common on ryegrass and I am fairly sure that if you looked hard enough you might find some at Kibworth around mid - late summer. But purely for curiosity sake that is.

PS. Mushroom Man was Anne's idea of a label for me ... not mine.

Cheers, Phil
    Judging by the post script, How am I not surprised

I think that Kath and I will stick with the Munchrooms,

nothing has surfaced yet in Kaths culture box but I wait patiently with knife and fork poised Mmmm! Brekky!

Thanks Phil most informative,

Bernard.