Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible Newbie to m/l

BP shotgun

Hi Tim, PM on its way to you, paul.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBuck View Post
    Still, if that's the case I've learnt something today... so if it's a muzzle loader, and smooth bore, you can use ball on SGC?
    On a Home Office Approved range, let's not lose sight of that bit

Ranges have calibre restrictions but there is often a BP exemption because you can't really compare a Barrett .50" and a Bess in .75" on bore size alone.

A trench mortar may be muzzle loading but has back stop issues.

are you sure about HO approved ranges being a condition? Not doubting you it's just I got told different information by 2 different Sussex FLO's. Is the approved range condition in any regulations anywhere or is it just what you've been told by Sussex licensing? I'm well aware of the different information that can be given depending on what way the wind is blowing.

Blackburn, Lancashire, Land of a 1000 potholes

Thumbs up Thanks

A thanks to lilguy43uk for giving his time and effort, to showing me round Blackburn club tonight. It was much appreciated, I learnt a lot and I am Looking to put an application in for membership and hopefully swell the ranks of the M/L section
    Thanks Jim
    Stuart M
    Stuart M, -You know your getting old when your first rifle appears in the collectors forum.

As I understand it, its a gentlemans agreement between MLAGB and the Police rather than a statutory requirement. If that is the case then thats not something that we would want to upset in any way is it chaps.

Steve.

Sorry to resurrect the thread folks.

Bit of clarification needed if you will. I have section 1 and section 2 certificates and used to have a Ruger Old Army.

I'm thinking of getting a musket on my SGC, but my rifle club is out for using it as it's indoor.

The farm I shoot over has no approval for firearms in any calibre but can I shoot ball over the land through the musket as it is section 2 without a land inspection? Farm is 220 acres.

I assume it would be ok to shoot shot over the farm through the ML musket?

Thanks,
    Peter