Thread: Air Arms Alfa Pistol & Aeron ACZ 101 Spider

Air Arms Alfa Pistol & Aeron ACZ 101 Spider

If anyone has first hand experience of the:

Aeron CZ 101 Spider

or the

Air Arms Alfa Project Pistol

In both cases the compressed air versions.

I would be interested to hear your views as we are considering both of these as a club pistol.

Rutty

Rutty I have not had a chance to shoot one but have had a good play with the Air Arms and it is a quality peice of kit. I know a couple of shooters with them and they are both very ahppy with them. Admittedly it is not a Styer, but it is not that far short, and is a lot less. Although AA do not (well when I had a look) bring in the other grips ect, Edgar Bros import the CO2 version under the original manufacturers branding, and they have all the bits including left hand grips ect avialable.
    I just had a look at the other gun on the link that you gave, as I had no knowlege of it, and have a very strong suspision that it is in fact the same gun.

Alan

hi mate

I have used the AA. It is accurate, but is prone to muzzle flip. The cocking is a bit awkward and the trigger is a little stiff. Nothing untoward tho

The main grip is the ambi grip is total pants

Compared to my Steyr, it is very good VFM

ATB

Phil
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

I own BOTH, allthough the Alfa in co2 trim:
    They both have a possible problem; they're tsjech, that míght mean, problems from new!
    50-75% of my Tau's leaked from NEW.
    My new Aeron Spider leaked and had a reg problem.
    The new Alfa doesnt leak, so thats great, had problems with the barrelweight though.(it wouldnt tighten cause the thread was kinda blocked, repaired it with a tap). Also, it wont fill with a bulb, cause it wont pierce it (pierce too short?).

The Aeron is a GREAT shooter but its grip is VERY small(thin) and sharp. Also, it has kinda weird balance, probably partly due to the thin grip(compare to holding a pistol with a pen as a grip; sways sideways easily). I tested that balance by holding it upright, muzzle up, to see wether the muzzle wouldstay stable or swing easily. The aeron swings véry easily. My morini 162E doesnt or only a tiny bit and easy to control. I dó prefer the aerons large, visible sight and very light cocking above the morini. Trigger is as good as the 162E's as well. Service/spares/access are a PAIN though for aeron. Maybe for Alfa and Tau too?
    The Alfa is very similar to the Tau 7, lots of similar parts, same sort trigger, cocking..Its less prone to rust than the Tau (alu) and somewhat better external finish. But for me WAY to light at the muzzle! The barrelweight is a rifleweight at 166grm! so too heavy for at the utmost front. At the rear its fine though, havent tested it yet(just have the Alfa 1 week!) Besides that, its accurate enough, trigger's a good as the Tau's. There's a larger topic about the pcp Alfa somewhere. Concerning wether its regged or not etc. A worthwhile read.
    To be honest, of the tsjech pistols, I'd suggest a Tau 7 CO2. Imo, it has FAR better balance and nicer, better grip than the Alfa (which is alu). They áre prone to rust but kept well maintained, they will annoy MANY shooters with more hightech stuff! I know a lad who has second place at his gunclubs competition with the Tau. Against the steyrs, morini's, etc..!
    I shoot best groups, and best points with the Tau 7, not the aeron, morini or steyr! My record is in the 350's ex 400 and in the 180's ex 200. I'm now shooting 8mts.
    But for a gunclub, a more known brand might be best; not for accuracy, but better service and spares (wather, morini, steyr, FWB..)
    Hope this helps. For more info, you can always PM.
    Last edited by hwtyger; 16-02-2010 at 04:31 PM.
    ATB,
    yana

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I have the Alpha Proj, its a great gun and shoots well above its price, only gripe would be the ambi grip, I replaced mine with a L/H ergo grip which is far better, a great club gun IMO, wish my club had them!