Thread: Daisy powerline 990 info ?

Daisy powerline 990 info ?

Hi I have recently had a Daisy powerline 990 .To be honest it seems to be a cross between an airgun and a toy!
    I do not have any .177 pellets to check its performance so does anyone out there no anything about its age or value ? It is in very good condition and has a 4 x 20 scope mounted .
    any info would be appreciated.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi. Have just approved this your first BBS thread, and would just like to say welcome -- especially to collectors corner (the best bit imo ). I can't help too much with info here however, but am sure one of the old sages who can help, will be along any moment now, with many a word of wisdom . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

According to the Blue Book - Model 990 BB/.175 or .177, combination multi pump and co2, rifled barrel , 630 fps ,37.4ins over all length, 4.1 lbs, made 1993-1996

minter $150 60% $50

Hope this helps.

It does not call it a power line in the book just Model990.

Charles

daisy 990

Hi wadhill 1
    Thanks for the info I honestly do not no anything about it , is it seriously suitable for hunting or is it just for backyard plinking?

the 630 fps quoted how does that compare with 12 f pounds ? or am i barking up the wrong tree with the comparison.
    are the co2 cartridges still available ? and finally can I damage it by overpumping. cheers.

630fps with a 7 grain pellet is 6.17ft/lb so hunting's a bit of a no-go. Is it the one with the sort of dummy mag for the co2? If so, I seem to remember it took the standard 12g gas capsules.

Jamie
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk

daisy 990

Hi Jamie.
    the dummy mag does look like it could take a small canister but when I get some .177 slugs I willl just use the hand pump to check it out
    thanks for the info.