Thread: Webley tempest .177 (1980)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Webley tempest .177 (1980)

Hi everyone, hope you are all fit and well?

A quick intro as I couldn't find a new members section.

My name is Andy and I'm 47 years old (good grief where did the years go?), I'm happily married and have 2 sons who are now grown up and could probably drink me under the table judging by the empty bottles I find in their rooms.

I started air-gun shooting in my early 20's and my first rifle was a .177 Walther target rifle, I can't remember the actual model but I can remember the look on the gun-shop owners face when I asked to part exchange for a Weinrauch HW77. I wish I still had the Walther!

I still have the HW77 (or is this my 2nd one?) although one or both of my sons managed to break the cocking lever on it without me knowing! Last night I found a supplier on-line who sells replacement parts for the HW77 and they are now on order. Looking for the bits has reignited my interest in air-guns again... which is why I'm here posting this.

I have a couple of shotguns but I've only been shooting twice in the last couple of years, I'm thinking about not renewing my shotgun licence when it's due for renewal as to be fair it's just not as much fun as hunting with an air-rifle. I enjoy the stalking and also the chance of a Rabbit still being there if I miss.

I've looked at a few threads in the 'Collectable' section and it's just occurred to me that I might have a collectable air pistol? What do you think?

It's a 1980 Webley Tempest .177 which seems to be in very good condition, I don't think it's had much use at all. I'd love to hear any opinions on it from those in the know.

The lettering looks a little worn but the gun itself is tidy.

Video added. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NHpaX_ZZU
    Last edited by Seagull; 15-02-2010 at 09:13 PM.