Thread: Scoping a Webley MK3

Scoping a Webley MK3

I can hear the yells of protest already but I have a dumbell Model MK3 and was wondering if anyone had used a scope on this model.

I intend only to get one of those cheap 4x20's so I dont pull the ramp off the action but the problem I have is most only suit 11mm dovetails and my ramp has a short section at 11mm with both ends being 15mm. I am sure those cheap 4x20s used to have mounts that accomodated various ramp widths but the ones I've seen advertised in JSR etc are fixed at 11mm.

Any ideas?

It's not 'period' but I'd go for a one-piece mount, far less danger of pulling the strip up off the cylinder or marking the bluing.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Sportsmatch do a 2 piece mount set that is intended for the older CZ and PH centre fire rifles, this should fit your Webley. I presume that the mounting portion of the "dumbell" is the same size as the mount grooves on the MkI & II Meteor and the MkII Airsporter.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Mk3

I've just found aqn old Nikkon Sterling 4x28 in the loft which I thought I'd lost ages ago, with a one piece integral mount which I now intend to modify to fit.

Thanks for the advice and offers of scopes. The problem with using a new style mount and scope is the weight of the scope is too much for spot welded ramp to cope with.

I'll keep you all posted.