Thread: BFTA & Club Insurance

Exclamation BFTA & Club Insurance

This for everyone to read but only some to act upon

Those that took BFTA insurance in 2009 this will end MIDNIGHT 28th FEB that means those clubs will not be insured unless they have chosen someone else to go with.

This is then up to everyone who visits a club to shoot to check that they are insured. Please dont take the risk, your life is not worth a few hours of fun.

Now that means if your club continues to be affiliated to your region and require shooters cards this year the BFTA will need a copy of your club's current insurance and this should be given to your regional rep(via e.mail or hard copy) which should be then passed to the insurance officer.

The insurance officer will then give the green light to Phil Tetsall for your shooters cards to be released.

So please check that your club has taken steps to be insured.

Can I ask what the point is in a club being affiliated to the BFTA if the BFTA does not offer insurance?

Why has the BFTA took this decision?

Alan.

Well, there should be a whole host of people who can answer that closer to you, your club BFTA rep, or your region rep, who should have the BFTA minutes, but i'll have a stab , but Roger or your rep (Jonathan Noon) is the best person to ask.

You aren't a member of the BFTA. Your club is a member of a region, and the region is the member.

As per what the point of the BFTA is beyond insurance, i'm sure they don't just think of themselves as insurance brokers. Indeed, they were uncomfortable with this view when tied to our letigious society and felt that offering insurance schemes was something they were not technically qualified to do.

As far as what the BFTA does beyond insurance, having sat through a number of their meetings, there's a hell of a lot that goes on that people don't appreciate because they do such a good job and there's no major hiccups... there's the GP and national competition series that all run like clockwork, inc grading, sponsorship, the rules (which get regular pickings at), the training schemes, for starters... there's also things like seats on the AMTA, NSRA etc...

Hope that in some way answers your question

Cheers Rob, I am sure that questions will be asked in due course.

Alan.