Thread: haenel 310-4

haenel 310-4

Hello , I bought a very nice Haenel 310-4 on sunday for £70,it looked unused /new, the dealer said it was from a flood damaged shop in wales where the cardboard boxes were ruined,I have a small problem in my haste to fire the new rifle I loaded a magfull of copper BBs and fired about 5 to test the accuracy etc , I had a blockage after the 5th shot which I cant remove ,the bb moves freely down the barrel with the help of a 4.5 mm cleaning rod but fails to drop out from the magazine housing ,Has any other haenel owner had this problem before ?any tips on removal would be great .

I ve since ordered 2000 4.4 mm bbs from germany

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    No suggestions as I've never had the problem with mine. But you got a bargain here!

edbear2 Guest
    Hi.......when you say copper BB's.......are they steel or lead?.......the correct 4.4's are lead, and engage in the rifling at this size.....If yours are steel, you may have a problem, if they are lead, a small wood screw carefully attached to end of the rod will work.....If you need one (silver) soldering on, bung me a cleaning rod end in the post, and I can do this for you.

If steel......you may be able to get a small diameter rare earth magnet of the bay, and araldite or jb weld it onto the end of your rod.....this will move the loose ones maybe.......but can you say exactly how many you have in the bore, as if one has "picked up" and then you have fired it again, they will get tight.

If all else fails, you may have to resort to a small mallet on the rod....at least if you hit from the muzzle end, you are working in the opposite direction from the jam, so technically they should not get tighter if steel shot, and if you are carefull!......I would spray some wd40 down the muzzle first before doing this

That's all I can suggest really.......

Steel BBs will not work in the rifle and you are pretty lucky that the one is running in the barrel and not stuck.
    Best bet is to remove the mag and either jiggle the ball out while holding the rifle upside down or try using a magnet. Judicious use of a cleaning rod to move the BB into the open breech area may help.
    Failing this it may mean a strip down... not too difficult if you are reasonably OK with stripping air rifles.
    Cheers, Phil

See if cocking the rifle first helps (be careful!), the piston has a long probe that picks up the bb from the mag and it may be blocking the mag well.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1219 View Post
    Hello , I bought a very nice Haenel 310-4 on sunday for £70,it looked unused /new, the dealer said it was from a flood damaged shop in wales where the cardboard boxes were ruined,I have a small problem in my haste to fire the new rifle I loaded a magfull of copper BBs and fired about 5 to test the accuracy etc , I had a blockage after the 5th shot which I cant remove ,the bb moves freely down the barrel with the help of a 4.5 mm cleaning rod but fails to drop out from the magazine housing ,Has any other haenel owner had this problem before ?any tips on removal would be great .

I ve since ordered 2000 4.4 mm bbs from germany
    Nick

From beautiful ruralburbian Philomath
    anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com

I ve since ordered 2000 4.4 mm bbs from germany [/QUOTE]

You don't need to order 4.4mm ball from Germany. Protek supplies in Bognor Regis can post them to you. Just google Protek Supplies. Shop is run by very keen and knowledgeable airgunners and is a pleasure to deal with.

Regards,
    John

Hi ,
    Thanks for the tips , the copper BB moves into the chamber area and can be seen infront of the probe ,I think ill try the magnet job , cheers many thanks Danny.

Hello ,
    Thanks for the tips , In the end I had to strip the whole thing down and push the bb out putit all back together , gave the spring an oil and test fired a few of the 2000 4.4mm bbs that arrived today ,im very impressed with the accuracy ,the smooth workmanship of the action and best of all how fun this rifle is ,ive got 6 magazines now in 6,8,12 shot ,I can see my self getting through a lot of bbs ,all in all id recommend the haenel 310-4 rifle , cheers Danny.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danny1219 View Post
    Hello ,
    Thanks for the tips , In the end I had to strip the whole thing down and push the bb out putit all back together , gave the spring an oil and test fired a few of the 2000 4.4mm bbs that arrived today ,im very impressed with the accuracy ,the smooth workmanship of the action and best of all how fun this rifle is ,ive got 6 magazines now in 6,8,12 shot ,I can see my self getting through a lot of bbs ,all in all id recommend the haenel 310-4 rifle , cheers Danny.
    Glad it all worked out for you Danny!.......(Those 12 shot mags are worth a bit by the way)......and I totally agree about the accuracy and fun, I have one as well, and it is a great garden gun that is surprisingly accurate considering it shoots ball shot!