Thread: Alfa Proj piercer cap problem

Alfa Proj piercer cap problem

I have a CO2 Alfa Proj Alfa CO2 pistol. However, when I tighten the piercercap on it, for the 12gr bulbs, they dont pierce the bulb..
    They're either not long enough/not sharp enough or something. It dóes dent it, just doesnt pierce. Is this common with those Alfa's?
    The bottlecap works fine, but I just dont like carrying the bottle around. And filling is more hassle as it doesnt fill well with those cold outside temps!
    ATB,
    yana

My Alfa was supplied with two piercing caps and one of them very occasionally does not pierce the bulb cleanly. If the gun is new, get the cap changed by the retailer/importer. If an old gun, drop in a suitable sized washer, about 1 or 2mm thick, before the bulb. It won't do any harm and is the same principle as using the 8 gram adaptor for small Sparklet bulbs. It's just a case of lifting the bulb a mm or two.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Hi,
    Just a thought,are you screwing the piercing cap down hard enough? on my B96 with Crossman caps I sometimes have to use a small Tommy bar through the piercing cap tool.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    Hi,
    Just a thought,are you screwing the piercing cap down hard enough? on my B96 with Crossman caps I sometimes have to use a small Tommy bar through the piercing cap tool.
    Peter
    i will second that as i have the same alfa it does go very tight then easy note easy first then tight then back easy hope this helps very good to shot i love mine
    Webley tempest, Air Arm TX200HC Mk3 ,Weihrauch HW30

I tighten it with the tool until it doesnt screw any further.(end of thread I guess). Any tighter and I fear damage or not getting it off again!It shouldnt be necessary to screw it on so tight anyway. My Tau's doesnt anyway..
    I could try the other 1 indeed or make a shim. I already tried the Tau 7's, but its too long, it blows out the cap's seal!
    ATB,
    yana

Hi, try screwing the cap on without a CO2 cap. in the pistol, screw fully down and note the position of the cap relative to the end of the grip,
    then insert a CO2 cap and see if when fully tight the cap is in the same position, if so a problem with the cap, if not screw down harder.
    Peter