Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spring action weekend at bisley

spring action weekend at bisley

the booking forms are now on galleryrifle.com

just thought I would mention it to give people plenty fo time to get them filled in and returned
    Don't worry it only seems kinky the first time

this weekend is the latest for postal entries without getting extra charge, or enter and pay online at the NSC bisley website

Bump for GAW!!!

Any other BBS loonies going to be around for this on Saturday?

Ad

(Grid# 2323)

what time you shooting the 1500?

Quote Originally Posted by Westcountry Tony View Post
    what time you shooting the 1500?
    2:30 on Saturday mate. What about you my West Country friend?

Having a crack at the speed steel challenege on Stickledown at 10:45 with the Ruger... even though i've read the format for it, still got no idea what the hell its all about!! Need to see the range to actually visualise how its gonna work. 18 inch diameter plates sound HUGE!! 18x24 inch stop plate sounds even BIGGER!! Surely thats way too big for a 22 to 30 metre shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by AD_K View Post
    2:30 on Saturday mate. What about you my West Country friend?

Having a crack at the speed steel challenege on Stickledown at 10:45 with the Ruger... even though i've read the format for it, still got no idea what the hell its all about!! Need to see the range to actually visualise how its gonna work. 18 inch diameter plates sound HUGE!! 18x24 inch stop plate sounds even BIGGER!! Surely thats way too big for a 22 to 30 metre shoot?
    Tried to find some pics for you - found this which makes a good read !

http://www.krtraining.com/IPSC/Infor...steeltips.html

HAve a good shoot !

Cheers

Roy

Thanks Roy,

That was very interesting reading, and I feel a little bit re-assured. But in all honesty.... I still dont really get it.

• I need a minimum of 125 rounds.
    • I get five goes.
    • There are 4 18inch diameter plates and a 18x24inch stop plate (yellow)

(In my mind: the buzzer goes off, I wallop the 4 x plates down then shoot the stop plate)

How many magazines can I have ready to go?

Thanks!!

Adam
    (nervous but seriously looking forward to it).

Quote Originally Posted by AD_K View Post
    Thanks Roy,

That was very interesting reading, and I feel a little bit re-assured. But in all honesty.... I still dont really get it.

• I need a minimum of 125 rounds.
    • I get five goes.
    • There are 4 18inch diameter plates and a 18x24inch stop plate (yellow)

(In my mind: the buzzer goes off, I wallop the 4 x plates down then shoot the stop plate)

How many magazines can I have ready to go?

Thanks!!

Adam
    (nervous but seriously looking forward to it).
    Five lanes of five plates, each lane to be shot 5 times.
    You need to get them all in under 3 seconds from the beep to be competitive, preferably 2.5
    Epic fun though, "Tink, Tink, Tink, Tink, CLANG!"
    Fastest run I've ever done was 1.99secs
    15x 303s, 1x .223, 1x 7.62, 1x .308, 8x .22s, 1x7.5, 1x30-06, 2x.357, 1x45-110, 1x45acp, 2x32-20, 1x.50, 2x12bore, 1x 357lbr, 1x .22 lbp and some others... 42 currently :-)

Thanks Goblin,

Now everything makes A LOT more sense

So in theory then, unless I totally spaz it up, I wont need to reload during each course / section.

You sound like you've done this before, any tips? I was reading that link that Harricook posted. I guess I want to position my body towards the most central plate? so that I dont have to lean off centre too much?

Cheers!!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Roodles View Post
    Don't miss

Roodle Mc Stroodle
    Perhaps one day Kanga Roodle; we will see you at the GAW events or the Phoenix... once you have passed all of your exams obviously

SO did you have fun?

I shot like a total retard, all common sense and practice goes out the window when I get to bisley

made X class in GRCF multi target, was about the only good result to come out of it

however I was having fun no matter what the scores

now the saving and reloading starts for next meeting, god help my bank account when the phoenix comes round LOL

I shot like a total retard, all common sense and practice goes out the window when I get to bisley
    I second that motion Tony!! All common sense escaped me at 2:30pm on Saturday!!

I dropped 70 bloody points in Stage 1 of the Match 1500!!! Gaargh!!

Total finishing score for the 1500 was 1344. which wasnt bad considering I lost 100 points overall. Had problems which I thought were down to my Marlin, but turned out was down to me loading my Rounds too long at 41.36mm instead of my standard 40.5mm

The speed steel was AMAZINGLY good fun!! Really enjoyed it and put in a fastest time of 2.96 seconds with a total time of 65.81.

I'll be back at the Phoenix to kick the Match 1500's butt out of the window, and spend money I havent got on reloading equipment!!

What day did you shoot on Tony? I looked for you, but didnt really know who I was looking for!!

Adam

LOL I know that feeling I was shooting saturday and sunday

I had 3 rounds of my beloved SK ammo FTF during the short stages of the 1500, GRSB was about 1431 I think, terrible

but made X class in multi target, and had huge fun with the LBP, just a shame that fun doesnt equate to good scores LOL

LOL I know that feeling I was shooting saturday and sunday

I had 3 rounds of my beloved SK ammo FTF during the short stages of the 1500, GRSB was about 1431 I think, terrible

but made X class in multi target, and had huge fun with the LBP, just a shame that fun doesnt equate to good scores LOL
    well played for the X class in multi target mate... you've gotta be hitting somewhere between 110 and 120? nice going!!

do you know if the results are up anywhere yet??

yeah shot a 116 even with a well pulled shot at 25m

was sailing along in MT GRSB as well, should have made X class in that, but at 20m 3 on each, came up, X X X transfer target X X then something from the shooter next to me came in the side of my glasses and bounced into my eye, bang 3 think it was a bit of carbon or something from an LBR

the results will be up on galleryrifle.com as soon as they are done

but new for this year is all the seperate event classifications, as well as shooting history, high scores etc etc database

this and all the other scores are in my opinion a logistical nightmare, certainly glad I dont have that job