Thread: lincoln jeffries barrel cocking model

lincoln jeffries barrel cocking model

hi to every one, was wondering if any one can help me value a lincoln jeffries barrel cocking pistol, 177 cal , circa 1910 to 27 seriel number 352 , it is missing the cocking lever it has all original screws , i have had for many years and are about to start selling some guns i have , i know its a very rare pistol but with the cocking lever missing its throwing me , here are some pics of it , if any one can help , or know some one that would like to buy it would be very helpful, im new to this site and just felling my way , thanks , p.s can any one tell me how to attatch pics just tried too and cant see were, thanks again

Pics

Hello and welcome to the BBS .
    For whatever reason we are no longer able to post photographs up here anymore ,real shame as the reason given is it
    slows things down.

Methinks the Collector's section next to the Main airgun section , is the only real subforum on here of any worth , then of course I'm biased .
    Wish we could ditch the twoddle Non Airgun sub forum - that would save bandwidth no end - force them onto Facebook !
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Arch.Stanton? View Post
    Hello and welcome to the BBS .
    For whatever reason we are no longer able to post photographs up here anymore ,real shame as the reason given is it
    slows things down.

Methinks the Collector's section next to the Main airgun section , is the only real subforum on here of any worth , then of course I'm biased .
    Wish we could ditch the twoddle Non Airgun sub forum - that would save bandwidth no end - force them onto Facebook !
    I've banged my head against this particular wall several times Arch. The decision comes from the very top, apparently, so we just have to live with it.

gunspring I think old Lincoln pistols in working order and average condition sell for between about £300 and £400, so to value one without the cocking lever you'll need to work out how much a replica one will cost to make up and then drop the value again to take account of the fact it won't be all original. Unless the condition of the parts you have is really exceptional, I would guess it'll be worth somewhere between about £150 and £250.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

thanks for your help, as i said new member and want to do things right , thanks, bob

Welcome to the BBS

Hi gunspring good to welcome a fellow scot enjoy your stay on the best site on the web.

hi

hi there and thanks for saying hello , just finding my way about , thanks

todays bump

bump today

Hi gunspring, can you email pics? If so please send me some as this is a pistol I have wanted for years. I will pm too regarding the Webley.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

todays bump

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I would say that £150 would be a reasonable price. To a collector, once a major component has been replaced by a reproduction, the gun is never going to be worth as much as an all-original.