Thread: Webley badge

Webley badge

Gentleman. I have just bought this Webley badge off a local auction site. Cost me about 2 quid.
    Can anyone tell me how old it is and anything else about it?
    Thanks.
    Barry
    New Zealand

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ebleybadge.jpg
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 19-02-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: to mend link so it will open.

edbear2 Guest
    HI Barry...I remember those from the 1970's........when you bought a tin of Webley pellets, (500 size)....there was a "token" which was a printed disc of brown inhibitor paper....you sent off three I think, and got one of these in the post........have a look at troubleshooter's signature, he has a link to all things Webley, and has the nicest collection of accessories and factory do-dads out there, I am sure he has badges as well

found it!http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble...Signs_-_Labels

Tokens.http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble...s?img=6218bc18

(I have found the c55 labelled yellow oblong one in the 500 size of 1950's/60's green oblong tins from time to time

P.S........Would be nice if pellet manufacturers brought this system back as a little thank you........ for the amount bleedin lead costs these days

P.P.S.......reading the label, it was four tokens AND 20p...must be getting old, or wearing my rosy specs!
    Last edited by edbear2; 19-02-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Those were the days

I remember my dad used to bring home 500 to last me a week during school summer holidays and having to wait three weeks then spend that 20p to get the badge as well, I just wish I had saved some of the tins and boxes and bits and bobs that came with them in those days
    Regards Neil
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Webley badge

I can't open the picture of Barry's badge so don't know which it is. I've got two of the gold "winged pellet" ones which came with a selection of pellet tins. Can anyone give me an idea what they are worth as I don't really collect this type of thing.

Ian
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Its the yellow/orange round Webley Marksman badge.

To see Barry's pic copy & paste his 'link' into your browser search bar (not Google) & put an 'h' on the front ie. http:// etc etc

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
    Its the yellow/orange round Webley Marksman badge.
    Ian is correct, it is the round orange one. I have also just edited Barry's link in the opening thread by adding the 'h' that Ian suggested, so as to make the link work/open ok (which it now does ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Barry, good to see you still actively collecting.
    Your £2 Webley marksman's badge is the first one offered with the rectangular pellet tins in the 50's.
    The second one was slightly larger and had a white background with gold coloured inletting. There was a rare later variant on this with a much darker background which was made in two halves, and not cast, as the original.
    The final badge was the gold coloured 'Winged Bullet'.
    Examples of all three with their relevant vouchers are on my sig. site.
    They used to fetch quite high prices on Eb@y, but I haven't noticed one for sale lately so don't know current values.

Webley badges

Thanks for modifying the link. I've seen a lot of the round "Webley" badges on Eb@y recently which are new reproductions. To be fair, it says they are new in their description, but these could still find their way into the collectors market. I wonder if they can be distinguished from the originals other than by their newness.

Ian
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

I have new looking original round badges, but not having seen any repro's in the flesh, I don't know if there are noticeable differences, either in the face or fixing clip on the rear.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Ive got one of the gold winged bullet types, very nice it is too

I'll alert the media, Mr O'McMurphy .

Back to the OP etc...

I am reliably informed that the NZ Government have recently placed an embargo on all 'h's being exported .

So, yet another source has dried up for us collectors!

(dont be silly, leave it! I just said H)

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Exclamation

Oh I see, I best shut up then