Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F.W.B. 65 Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by robinc View Post
    terry
    aaah, thats what the problem is, some ones taken out the coke tin.
    Best regards
    robin
    :d:d:d:d
    Coming second is losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    A piece of coke tin (or beer can, or plastic pop bottle etc) is an old but effective technique for tuning springers to reduce spring vibration and keep grease from getting in front of piston seal.
    I must admit it reduced spring vibration to zero, and whisper quiet too. Problem was I couldn`t fire it !
    Coming second is losing.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    This is a pistol that revolutionised air pistol target shooting, held every world record until PCP's appeared, and those new world recorlds are still only a few points higher than shot with a 65 on the same targets 30 years ago. Mine shot in matches for many years, thousands of shots, was only serviced by the factory techs at shoots, was never oiled, had only a breech seal replaced once, and never failed. I'm afraid its beyond me that any one out side of the factory believes that he can "tune" it or improve it.
    Best regards
    Robin

Well, one of layabout's pistols was mine originally, and I put the sleeve in it.

Yes it was a piece of steel coke can - only used because I didn't have any sheet steel shim to hand.

The pistol worked perfectly with it fitted, as do my FWB 300's where I have added shims to remove the 'twang' of discharge.

The shim was made in such a way that the spring retained it in the piston. Unless it had physically dislodged out of the piston, there is no way it would affect the action in the manner described.

Robin, even FWB have room for slight improvement on their products. The fact that the spring is quite noisy suggests to me that they cut a corner.

Dale

Hi Dale,
    I can`t swear it was the coke tin that caused the problem but it was torn and folded on one corner and I could only assume it was that.

Cheers, Terry
    Coming second is losing.

Terry,

Was a piece of the shim actually missing?

If not it would not have been the cause.

I rather suspect the fault lay elsewhere, but stripping and reassembly has rectified it.

Perhaps a good time to post a couple of pictures of my newly acquired Feinwerkbau Model 90 pistol.

This one is a real minty minter. A few very small marks on it otherwise looks like it left the Feinwerkbau factory last week. I’m guessing year of manufacture is around the early nineties. I bought the pistol from a German dealer on eGun for £280, about £310 with delivery and bank fees.

The pistol oozes superlative engineering, the recoilless action is a joy, and the electronic trigger fantastically good. Definitely a keeper.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ook/90_001.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ook/90_002.jpg